StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
CBzLtteVIAATzYH.jpg

:laugh:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Not going to lie, makes sense. Though I'll say I think most in here hate Raymond's play over Colburne's.

I thought Colborne was one of our best forwards tonight. Was all over the place.

But we should sit Raymond for Bennett against Arizona. Should at least know what we've got going into the most important games of the year against LA & Winnipeg.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
It was great to see the Ferland-Granlund-Jooris line back together again. For those who don't remember they played together in the AHL as a line for the 13 games before Ferland got injured in December 2013. In those 13 games Granlund had a 13 game point streak and Ferland had 17 pts in the last 12 games they played together. They obviously still have amazing chemistry together and I hope Hartley keeps them together for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I love Colborne's progression this season but the last stretch of games has been sub-par. I'd sit him for a game and give Bennett a shot on LW alongside Backlund and Raymond.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Colborne brings something to the lineup that we don't have, and he isn't really weak in any areas. His shifts in the first period were really the only zone-time we had.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I love Colborne's progression this season but the last stretch of games has been sub-par. I'd sit him for a game and give Bennett a shot on LW alongside Backlund and Raymond.

Colborne started the season off really well, looked it he was progressively nicely. The injury didn't help and he's been kinda inconsistent since. That's being said, I don't think he'd be the first on the bench list.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I have always lauded Colborne for the value he has on the team. However, I've noticed many times during this game where he tried to be too complicated with the puck. For example, when he's moving the puck behind the net or in the corners, he would change directions one too many times and get it taken away. There were times when passing to a D would've been better choices.

IMHO, he just needs a game off to simplify his thinking a bit. I know Hartley likes his size in the lineup but my opinion is just that he needs to think things more simply.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Anyone notice that Granlund played a solid game when paired with Jooris and Ferland? Weren't they a line in Abbotsford/Adirondack?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyone notice that Granlund played a solid game when paired with Jooris and Ferland? Weren't they a line in Abbotsford/Adirondack?
they were the top line on opening night in ADK. But that only lasted until Jooris was called up. They didn't play as a line in Abby, Jooris was with Knight & Hanowski most the time and Granlund was almost exclusively with Reinhart.

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Not sure how that was condescending but okay.

I think I misunderstood you when you said it was a shame to not be able to move him, and I apologize. I realize his trade value is high, and it should be. I misinterpreted your post to think that you wanted to get rid of him because of his trade value, and I had concerns about replacing him. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad