Blue Jays Discussion: Baseball's back! Maybe (Plan to start late July unless things go sideways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
As expected. Made way too much sense for it not to get done this weekend. Gets him in training right from the getgo. Expecting a shade over 7 million.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
I would trust the Jays to follow the quarantine rules, but really have no belief that visiting players would do so. I just don’t see how the Jays will be playing in T.O. this season.
IMO it’s Buffalo or Dunedin.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I would trust the Jays to follow the quarantine rules, but really have no belief that visiting players would do so. I just don’t see how the Jays will be playing in T.O. this season.
IMO it’s Buffalo or Dunedin.

Brian Burke was on the radio yesterday and he said if an NHL player is caught violating the bubble rules they are sent home (I think without pay).

If the MLB adopts a rule like that with similar penalties then it might be a big enough deterrent to keep the players and staff in line.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Brian Burke was on the radio yesterday and he said if an NHL player is caught violating the bubble rules they are sent home (I think without pay).

If the MLB adopts a rule like that with similar penalties then it might be a big enough deterrent to keep the players and staff in line.
Sounds more like a rule that would need to be collectively bargained. I’m sure many lawyers would be involved if it’s without pay.
I guess I just think the NHL “hub” will be much successful than the travelling teams in the MLB.

Reactions: stickty111

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
These 5 teams are now World Series contenders

2) Blue Jays
Fair to say, no one expected there to be two Spring Trainings this year, with the long buildup in March stopping everything, followed by everyone stuck in their houses for months and finally with a truncated Summer Camp where you have to build yourself back up again. It seems fair to assume some injuries this season -- the idea of stopping and then building back up again so quickly just made my 44-year-old hamstrings pop just thinking about it -- and so if you have a lot of youth, particularly in your lineup, it stands to reason you’re better able to just plow through it.
And few teams have more youth in their lineups than the Blue Jays. Only one hitter is over the age of 30 (Travis Shaw, and just barely), and the starters are all 26 and under, from Derek Fisher (26) all the way down to Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (21). This may be a season to rely on young, raw hitting talent: That’s the Blue Jays, to a T. And all told: It doesn’t hurt that their star offseason acquisition, Hyun-Jin Ryu, is dominant in small stints but unlikely to hold up over a long season. “Holding up over a long season” isn’t anybody’s worry anymore.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
In a sprint of a season, Ryu, Pearson, Shoemaker, Roark and Anderson or Thornton along with the young offence, could surprise. Without a minor league season, they have to play Pearson.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would bet my life savings that Nate Pearson doesn't pitch until the service year is pushed back.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Schedule pending they literally could go through the rotation once and say the veterans deserve the 1st oppurtunity.

Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Thornton, Anderson, Ryu, Pearson, Roark, etc

I assume there will probably be an off day in there somewhere so that would fit the 7 day requirement.

Haringoth

Aug 2, 2019
Waiting on Frasso, and with Martin's numbers an unknown, we will have to wait and see what Frasso gets.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

theres a snowballs chance in hell if McDavid leaves the bubble theyre kicking him out of the playoffs. Same goes for about 25 other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad