Barzal vs Marner

What say you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree, Barzal is an amazing player. If I had to pick one I'd pick Marner but that may be because I see every game he plays and thus am completely confident that I am assessing him accurately. When I see Barzal play I like what I see though, as far as I can tell he is also very good. Since he's a centre, perhaps an Eichel vs Barzal thread would be more appropriate, maybe we'd even get some objectivity from the Leafs haters. Not sure if it's been done already, usually I try to stay away from this loony bin.

Wise words.

Myself, I'd take either Marner or Barzal over Eichel.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
So basically according to SOME Leaf fans: Center>Winger, until it's one of their own wingers being compared to a center.
Right...

If you think people thought Matthews was only better than Laine because of the positional aspect then I don't know what to tell you lol.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So basically according to SOME Leaf fans: Center>Winger, until it's one of their own wingers being compared to a center.
Right...
Without using any thought, one might come to that conclusion.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I need some kind of correction collar that gives me a shock any time I attempt to post in these types of threads.
It's pretty natural for neutral posters like yourself who monitor young talent around the league to click on these threads and think they're going to be reading productive discourse.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
It's pretty natural for neutral posters like yourself who monitor young talent around the league to click on these threads and think they're going to be reading productive discourse.

Yeah, I am a sucker that way. I voted Barzal, but I can see people going either way, and if Marner keeps it up this year I may change my mind some time this season. I haven't had a chance to watch Barzal play yet this year, so I am mainly going off last year.

Barzal would play C for most teams in the league. But last season he would not have if he played in Toronto. That is simple reality.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You are the only poster that has made a claim Marner is in the same tier as Barzal as skaters go.

Why should anyone here take you seriously?

I haven't been following this nonsense but I'm sure you have so tell me, how many people besides you have said that Marner isn't on the same tier? The answer better not be that you're the only poster that said so or you're going to look pretty dumb.

And in case you're wondering, I'm pretty sure nobody here takes you seriously so I don't have to ask.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Or you can wait and see if Barzal can have more than one good season before calling him proven. Having only one good season is the very reason why he is a fluke, lol. But signs point to no, since he isn’t sheltered behind Tavares anymore, and it’s hard to score those fluky 5 point games without being sheltered.

Perhaps it’s telling Barzal already seems to be regr swing from his “beginner’s luck” season. The real question is whether this year is going to be a sophomore slump or the beginning of something worse.

Not as embarrassing as this post.

He has 13 points in 15 games. "Beginning of something worse" oh my lord.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I haven't been following this nonsense but I'm sure you have so tell me, how many people besides you have said that Marner isn't on the same tier? The answer better not be that you're the only poster that said so or you're going to look pretty dumb.

And in case you're wondering, I'm pretty sure nobody here takes you seriously so I don't have to ask.
I will give you a chance in admitting you were wrong earlier in an effort of salvaging whatever credibility you have on the Main board.

Do you agree that Barzal is a better skater than Marner. I am not going to even get into who is faster, stronger, can stop and start or who has better lateral movement. That will just make it a bigger separation than you will want to admit to.

But here's your chance to correct yourself.

Who is the better skater, Barzal or Marner?

You questioned my opinion that Barzal was the better skater. So here's your chance to redeem yourself. Are you going to answer?

It's easy, just give the correct answer Barzal.

Reactions: Snowman

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I will give you a chance in admitting you were wrong earlier in an effort of salvaging whatever credibility you have on the Main board.

Do you agree that Barzal is a better skater than Marner. I am not going to even get into who is faster, stronger, can stop and start or who has better lateral movement. That will just make it a bigger separation than you will want to admit to.

You questioned my opinion that Barzal was the better skater. So here's your chance to redeem yourself. Are you going to answer?

:laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Changing the subject again, I wonder why? I'll give you one more chance, here's the question again - how many people besides you have said that Marner isn't on the same tier? The answer better not be that you're the only poster that said so or you're going to look pretty dumb.

And BTW, changing the subject again will make you look even dumber. I won't say anything about your credibility because there isn't any to discuss. :laugh::laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Changing the subject again, I wonder why? I'll give you one more chance, here's the question again - how many people besides you have said that Marner isn't on the same tier? The answer better not be that you're the only poster that said so or you're going to look pretty dumb.

And BTW, changing the subject again will make you look even dumber. I won't say anything about your credibility because there isn't any to discuss. :laugh::laugh:

No one is changing the subject but you. https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/151889731/

Barzal is in the top 1% of skaters in the NHL. Marner may not even be in the top 10% of skaters in the NHL. I can count, atleast 3 players on your home team that are better than him as skaters go. He's a good skater mind you when he doesn't fall down. But same tier as Barzal. You kid. Is this your claim?

Do you want to answer the question. Or continue to avoid it. Who is the better skater?

The way I grade skaters is this way. As most do.

Speed - Barzal
Strength on Skates Barzal
Lateral movement Barzal
Stopping and starting - Barzal

Barzal has the advantage in all categories. But according to you they are in the same tier some how? Why because one wears blue and white and the other wears blue and grey?

Reactions: Snowman

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

LOL. Getting into it with "Joke", huh? He just hates how good the Leaf players are these days. Haaaaaaates it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You didn't answer the question, again. If you refuse to answer one simple question, why would you expect anyone to answer yours?

I'll give you one last chance, emphasis on the word last. And if you don't answer, don't bother me with any more noise, you know what they say about strike 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad