Barzal vs Marner

What say you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Barzal pretty easily at this point. 85 points vs 69 points as career highs. And Marner has two years to Barzal’s one so that makes it even clearer imo.
Could get closer after this year if Marner can put up a PPG season. But right now the over 20% gap in last years production is just too big to ignore.
And Barzal did that in his rookie year!

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
this year it's Marner so far. The year before it was Barzal, and the year before that it was Marner again. I'd homer vote for Marner, since I think they're close

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Barzal by a bit for now but man does he have trouble scoring goals. Wondering if the first half of last year is closer to his actual scoring ability then last half.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Barzal is an awesome young player and this one is a close one. I still go with Marner though, as he's just a bit more "electric".

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Barzal ainec. Lol at Leafs fans voting Marner. Marner cant carry a team like Barzal can. Barzal is better than Matthews let alone Marner and the stats show it. I dont know in what imaginary way u guys are justifying that Marners better other than pure homerism.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
How good is Brazal backcheck? How many takeaways does he have? Does Brazal play on the PK?

I know Brazal had one really good season but wouldn't these qualities bridge the point gap? And I fully expect Marner to outproduce Brazal this year

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
How good is Brazal backcheck? How many takeaways does he have? Does Brazal play on the PK?

I know Brazal had one really good season but wouldn't these qualities bridge the point gap? And I fully expect Marner to outproduce Brazal this year

Of course they do.

And I agree that Marner will likely do better on offence this year, as well as the defence.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Barzal ainec. Lol at Leafs fans voting Marner. Marner cant carry a team like Barzal can. Barzal is better than Matthews let alone Marner and the stats show it. I dont know in what imaginary way u guys are justifying that Marners better other than pure homerism.
Marner has 18 points, Barzal only has 12. points are everything as we all know, so it has to be Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad