Barzal vs Marner

What say you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm not sure if "at his position" was meant to be implied, but I think you go with the center in any poll that its close, it's a harder position

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
makes u wonder why tavares took less money to play with marner instead of playing with barzal doesnt it? im just asking the questions here

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think the center>winger thing matters too much here to be honest. The reason you generally prefer the center is because on they usually carry and distribute the puck more than wingers and thus are the better play drivers, and they're usually better defensively. Marner fits in the Kane/Gaudreau mold though, where he drives play on his line more like a center than a winger, and Barzal isn't really a defensive factor.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
How is this even a question? Brazil plays the more valuable position and out scores marner

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
makes u wonder why tavares took less money to play with marner instead of playing with barzal doesnt it? im just asking the questions here

he didnt like barzal's tie? maybe he wanted to play with Gardiner but hes stuck having Marner around

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Barzal ainec. Lol at Leafs fans voting Marner. Marner cant carry a team like Barzal can. Barzal is better than Matthews let alone Marner and the stats show it. I dont know in what imaginary way u guys are justifying that Marners better other than pure homerism.
I voted Barzal, but Marner can at the very least, carry a line. He did so down the stretch this year and has been the primary driver of play for the Leafs this year.

As for the bolded, lmao. Matthews has one less goal than Barzal has points, and has played 3 less games. Stop it, get some help.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I voted Barzal, but Marner can at the very least, carry a line. He did so down the stretch this year and has been the primary driver of play for the Leafs this year.

As for the bolded, lmao. Matthews has one less goal than Barzal has points, and has played 3 less games. Stop it, get some help.
This year is a small sample so far and luckily for u Matthews got injured so u have an excuse because he looked like he was gonna start a large drought. And what about last year? Where Barzal outscored Matthews over a full season? Funny u cherry pick a 10-15 game sample yet ignore all of last year where Barzal skated circles around Matthews.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
This year is a small sample so far and luckily for u Matthews got injured so u have an excuse because he looked like he was gonna start a large drought. And what about last year? Where Barzal outscored Matthews over a full season? Funny u cherry pick a 10-15 game sample yet ignore all of last year where Barzal skated circles around Matthews.
Not sure whether to reply to this utter drivel, or simply hit ignore. But I guess I'll have some fun since I'm up too early for work anyways.

Matthews missed 20 games last season. He and Barzal's PPG were almost identical. Matthews at 1.02 PPG, Barzal at 1.04.

So pretty close overall, but Matthews clearly pulls away in goal production (Matthews at .55 GPG, Barzal at .27), doubling Barzal's.

Not sure how any of that can be described as Barzal "skating circles around Matthews".

Reactions: Stamkos4life

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Not sure whether to reply to this utter drivel, or simply hit ignore. But I guess I'll have some fun since I'm up too early for work anyways.

Matthews missed 20 games last season. He and Barzal's PPG were almost identical. Matthews at 1.02 PPG, Barzal at 1.04.

So pretty close overall, but Matthews clearly pulls away in goal production (Matthews at .55 GPG, Barzal at .27), doubling Barzal's.

Not sure how any of that can be described as Barzal "skating circles around Matthews".
Like i said Matthews injury's are such a convenient stat. Pace doesnt always equal what will happen in the full year. Matthews regularly disappears for long stretches during the season so its not a stretch to think he wouldnt have kept up his pace. Crosby for years was getting injured and people always said he would score 130-140 because of his pace but we know that never happened. And for injury's alone u take Barzal cause u can count on Matthews to lose 10-20 games every year from injury's and thats basically 10-20 points extra Barzal gets every year.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Yet all you Isles fans threw points in everyone faces and said look here’s the proof. Now that it’s the other way around, you pretend to be Cleatus the slack jawed yokel.

Referring to you posting like marner scoring a goal is more important to his comparison with Barzal than your team winning gameS.

Points were used last year sure, but Barzal was doing more with less while playing the harder position. Marner plays with an elite center... no shit he’s putting up points. I know it’s been awhile but try not to act like you won the cup every time he puts up a point

Also it was far from just isles fans pointing out to you how Barzal is better so no need to be bitter at us. Looks like most still agree ;) (inb4 “but muh anti leafs bias”)

Reactions: MattMartin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad