Barzal is a top-10 centre in the league, isnt he?

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
I feel like there's a few on that list there by reputation. Malkin, O'Reilly and Bergeron in particular. I think Barzal is better than Couturier and Pettersen as well
Those are all laughable, but OReilly especially. He was traded for as a “club house cancer” and reputation for making teams worse. Has primarily played with David Perron and zach Sanford. Then go on to say based on reputation and team yet he on the Conn Smyth and a main reason for the cup. Why are you talking about

LaTenderness

Feb 9, 2019
Dont know how is more overrated

Barzal
Seguin
Larkin
Drouin

Séguin is handsome as f*** so most people like to think highly of someone with a pretty face and a huge wrench even when in a slump.

Drouin is most Hated by far ..... nobody rates him as anything other then a bust. And I like really really wanna pull for him but he makes it so hard.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
6 games in the ECF 0 goals. Stamkos plays 2 minutes and scores. NOW do you guys see why Lightning fans turned Barzal praise by NBC into a meme?

Not a fair comparison. Stamkos has Hedman feeding him passes and was going up against bottom pairing D, Barzal has to face Hedman.

Last edited:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Isles are really good team but don’t have any real proven stars. They tried to make Barzal a star for media interest or whatever. Nothing against him and he looks like he can be star just not because an announcer says so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Séguin is handsome as f*** so most people like to think highly of someone with a pretty face and a huge wrench even when in a slump.

Drouin is most Hated by far ..... nobody rates him as anything other then a bust. And I like really really wanna pull for him but he makes it so hard.

I don't feel like anybody overrates Drouin now. He kind of is what he is, which is sad, because he had/has some serious talent.

Maybe he'll be a Kovalev-type and put it together later on. But there aren't many good signs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you’re going to judge Barzal’s game by goal scoring he will lose to most other 1C’s. Simply not his game. He was still creating all over the ice.

You have a weird definition of creating. He was held to the perimeter and then either made the easy hand-off, or threw the puck to a well-covered teammate. He really didn't look great in the ECF.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
You have a weird definition of creating. He was held to the perimeter and then either made the easy hand-off, or threw the puck to a well-covered teammate. He really didn't look great in the ECF.
I’m not gonna sit here and tell you he played his best hockey, obviously not. But if you’re going to judge a player as a whole don’t single out an attribute that is outside the main focus of his game.

He was creating chances, albeit less frequently than usual, and for that you have to give credit to Hedman and the rest of TB. Lee and Eberle certainly didn’t help him either. I actually thought he looked his best when he played with Martin, but that is besides the point.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I’m not gonna sit here and tell you he played his best hockey, obviously not. But if you’re going to judge a player as a whole don’t single out an attribute that is outside the main focus of his game.

He was creating chances, albeit less frequently than usual, and for that you have to give credit to Hedman and the rest of TB. Lee and Eberle certainly didn’t help him either. I actually thought he looked his best when he played with Martin, but that is besides the point.

I think he needs someone else to take some pressure off of him. He always looked like he was trying to do something but could never quite put it together because there wasn't anyone there if that makes sense. Thats why I think his time in the ecf looked bad. For the most part. I think we can fault him to a certain point. Get him some other weapons and I can see him being a lot more effective and productive.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If you’re going to judge Barzal’s game by goal scoring he will lose to most other 1C’s. Simply not his game. He was still creating all over the ice.

I'm not about to say a guy who had 4 assists in 6 games didn't create anything. But there's a difference between doing that and making circles around the perimeter like a shark and nothing really happening. Barzal has to evolve his game to add more goal scoring if he wants to be the dynamic player the media makes him out to be.

To Isles fans credit, y'all kept it kind and classy the whole time and never once overrated anyone. Your humble attitude was most welcome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad