Barzal hits the 70 point mark in 70 games

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Imagine for a sec that the Isles weren't such a nightmare.

This kid would be in conversation for MVP. He's been that good.

If he was good enough to be in the MVP conversation than his team would be a playoff team. Part of being an elite player is actually achieving some sort of team success. I understand the Islanders have plenty of holes in their team but Tavares is elite and I am being force feed that Barzal is currently playing at an elite level. Andres Lee is having a might fine scoring season, why don’t they win?

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
So basically Barzal is no longer good because he cant drag the Islanders corpse and Doug Weight to the playoffs? Is that right?

Reactions: LordNeverLose

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Not gonna lie, Barzal's accomplishments are great to see but a lot of wind is taken out of this sail based on the isles sucking donkey balls yet again. If everyone isn't fired today, I don't care if Barzal gets to 100 points.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
No no stop deflecting. You said look at the stats? Who is still scoring at an inflated rate? The team not being capable of defense is hurting Barzal more than helping

GA are not stats? Huh? How is that deflecting? I was clearly talking about the team's horrific GA and needing to convcentrae on much improved D next season.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I actually think Barzal's production will go down once they actually play D.
I would bet it would stay the same or go up. The Isles are not a run and gun team that trade punches... they are just BAD defensively. THE ISLES DO PLAY DEFENSE... IN FACT THEIR BIGGEST DOWNFALL IS THEY PLAY TOO MUCH DEFENSE. And one of the huge marks of being bad defensively is spending alot of time in your own zone. I would argue his points would likely go UP if the Isles spent more time in the offensive zone.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I actually think Barzal's production will go down once they actually play D.

I agree 100%. In fact, I would be very comfortable putting up money that he won't put up the same points next season if he's healthy.

1) His team will have to try and actually play defense
2) Three 5 point games wont happen again. 1 is even unlikely.
3) With Tavares gone, more focus will be on him

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
GA are not stats? Huh? How is that deflecting? I was clearly talking about the team's horrific GA and needing to convcentrae on much improved D next season.

Have you considered looking at The Isles goaltending and defence core? Are you expecting him to be a #1 G and #1D man also? Did you know Barzal is one of the few Islanders on the team as a plus and that he is consistently one of the best possession players on the team. If possession metrics are not a measure of defence, then what is? You may want to watch a few games before making any silly generalizations.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad