Barzal hits the 70 point mark in 70 games

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Look at how "Grubar" (another for Butchie's HOF) plays Barzal on that. Has to pay Barzal massive respect because he has no idea what he's going to pull off.

Reactions: sebsisles

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Time to bring out some r/Islanders memes
lVohPP7.gifv

Credit to u/collin10498

For real, how'd he fall to 16th overall

:clap: :clap::clap:....best thing Ive seen all season, hilarious

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Would it be a major surprise if we have a Barzal hits 80 points thread when we get close to game 80?

All season long, he has pretty much maintained his PPG status despite going pointless until his 6th game to start the season.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is the first rookie to crack 80 points since Malkin did it. That make a special year even more special to be in very select company 80 as a 20 year old rookie. Almost unheard of in today's game.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Or an Edmonton Oiler....

Could understand it from an oilers POV. They had young offensive fire power up front and wanted to get better on defense. The argument should be who they traded for(Reinhart). But for as highly touted and as talented Barzal was/is, its impossible to foresee this type of productivity so early on.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Most impressive rookie season since McDavid

I hate to do this because what happened in the draft happened and there is nothing we can do to redo it. Barzal would look great along so many good Centers in the NHL. A lot of teams missed on him. But ol man, would a team of McDavid and Barzal #1 and #2 lines going, wouldn't that been too unfair to the NHL for the next decade? The 2 best young playmaking Centers in the NHL, that are fastest players with the puck on one team. Wow wouldn't that have been something....Unimaginable.

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Could understand it from an oilers POV. They had young offensive fire power up front and wanted to get better on defense. The argument should be who they traded for(Reinhart). But for as highly touted and as talented Barzal was/is, its impossible to foresee this type of productivity so early on.
Nah. It was easy for anyone except for GMs who think they're smarter than everyone else to see Barzal should've gone after Mcdavid, Eichel, Marner, Strome, Hanifin. He was clearly in the Werenski, Provorov cluster. I was so excited thinking we're leaving the draft with Barzal and Mcdavid ..

It was obvious he had star potential.

**** Chia

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Barzal is absolutely amazing. I think it's funny that in his draft year he was compared so much to Marner, and you can really see why. I love Mitch, but Barzal plays so much like him but with more speed, more control, more confidence and the same vision. And somehow he is a better goalscorer at the NHL level than as a junior player as well, which is interesting all on its own.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If he scores 20 Don Sweeney needs to do the Walk of Shame at the June Draft

Sweeney cost the Bruins first overall and likely Cup by not taking this kid

I don't care how loaded Bob McKenzie thinks the Bruins are with Barzal Boston avoids the Leafs juggernaut till round 2 if they make it past Tampa before wiping them out

Thanks Sweeney

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Would it be a major surprise if we have a Barzal hits 80 points thread when we get close to game 80?

All season long, he has pretty much maintained his PPG status despite going pointless until his 6th game to start the season.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is the first rookie to crack 80 points since Malkin did it. That make a special year even more special to be in very select company 80 as a 20 year old rookie. Almost unheard of in today's game.
I mean knowing you well probably get one more thread for every point he has this year. :sarcasm:

All seriousness though great season. Definitely didn’t expect this out of him. Isles were dumb not to trade JT and build around him imo

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Imagine for a sec that the Isles weren't such a nightmare.

This kid would be in conversation for MVP. He's been that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad