Speculation: Barrie

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The issue is, Dubas looks better with how things went with Barrie then he would of keeping Kadri. Can you imagine if Kadri stayed and Kadri'd again? Dubas has a chance of keeping his job this way.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Maybe he will learn how to handle a 2 on 1 on his next team.

Panics under any sort of pressure and can't pass or generate any kind of offense.

Elite puck moving d-man my ass!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It feels like a video game trade. If you look at the Trade Value of Barrie + Kerfoot, the green bar shows the Leafs were getting better value than Kadri, Rosen, etc.

But the reality is it didn't address a lot of team needs and not a lot of thought was put into whether he would gel, bring other missing personality ingredients into the room, could he actually play defense, do we only want a defensive solution for one year? So many issues with this acquisition.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I don’t think he will get much on the market. His problems here have a lot more to do with himself than the team. He was given every opportunity to succeed here. Was literally spoon fed and provided absolutely nothing. He and Kerfoot are both utterly useless. Good riddance.

Reactions: saffronleaf

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Imagine trading a 30 goal scoring shut down 2 way C, on an absolute steal of a contract for 1 season of Barrie lmfao, this guy is absolute garbage, hope we don't re-sign him.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Kerfoot is adequate.

Barrie, though, is so far below average at every aspect of being a defenseman. Remember when folks wanted Gardiner converted to forward? That's actually Barrie. And the forward he'd be is Nic Petan. I was cautiously optimistic about the trade, but the criticisms were spot on.

How much does Barrie make as a free agent? I want to be clear that I'm not emotionally reacting to this loss here, I'm pretty detached from the outcome; I wouldn't have this guy on my roster even for league minimum.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
The worst part of this trade is that Kadri still has 2 more years on his good contract that he took because he wanted to be a Leaf.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Kerfoot is adequate.

Barrie, though, is so far below average at every aspect of being a defenseman. Remember when folks wanted Gardiner converted to forward? That's actually Barrie. And the forward he'd be is Nic Petan. I was cautiously optimistic about the trade, but the criticisms were spot on.

How much does Barrie make as a free agent? I want to be clear that I'm not emotionally reacting to this loss here, I'm pretty detached from the outcome; I wouldn't have this guy on my roster even for league minimum.
Gardiner had skills that could have converted to forward.
Barrie is a tree stump.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have to say, this has to be the most disappointing acquisition since Clarkson... different players and expectation, but Barrie was horrid with us from start to finish. Just a bad fit. Too bad for all parties involved.
He'll land on his feet no doubt with a bulky wallet to boot.

I don't see what we will be doing on D... there is not a lot out there... and we only have 1 young D really ready to play (Sandin).

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Thank God i never have to see him in a Leafs uniform again. What am incredibly stupid trade.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Should be a good warning to those wanting to punt Marner/Nylander away for a defensemen.

Really surprised he struggled so much here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad