Speculation: Barrie to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Oh for sure,there would have to be a contract in place on Barrie.....But Its something that would balance out the forwards and defense ,I mean Kadi is a top 6 center (in the league)...And the leafs could never replace him with especially with a more traditional JGP type of 3rd line center, even for a top pairing OFD

Fixed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Or anybody else really....

Why?

Barrie earns a 5.5 cap hit this year then will be easily in the 6.5+ million range after that. Leafs can’t afford that cap hit, moot debate over trade values or if Barrie is even a good fit on the team

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
just generalizing avs fans like you are leaf fans.

In his defense, he referenced to the Leafs' poster not posters. This implies he was calling out one person, not a whole fanbase. Nevertheless, I'm hoping the Avs can find a spot for Barrie. Dude's a hell of a player for this team. I feel like the only way he will get traded is if Byram blows away training camp and if the team interested can hash out the details of his extension before hand.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
In his defense, he referenced to the Leafs' poster not posters. This implies he was calling out one person, not a whole fanbase. Nevertheless, I'm hoping the Avs can find a spot for Barrie. Dude's a hell of a player for this team. I feel like the only way he will get traded is if Byram blows away training camp and if the team interested can hash out the details of his extension before hand.
Fair enough on all points.

Reactions: missionAvs

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Berger has no credibility anymore. Posters on here have more sources then he does.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Colorado Avalanche
William Nylander
Connor Brown
Garret Sparks

Toronto Maple Leafs
Tyson Barrie
Tyson Jost
Pavel Francouz

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Colorado Avalanche
William Nylander
Connor Brown
Garret Sparks

Toronto Maple Leafs
Tyson Barrie
Tyson Jost
Pavel Francouz

good value for the avs considering barrie's 1 year left, but Sakic has put all his eggs into the basket of Jost becoming a 2C somehow. seems Kadri would be what colorado would want most, but Toronto would need a contract extension while already having cap concerns. it feels so close but so far away...

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
No idea how to embed a tweet but Howard Berger is saying the Leafs are going hard after Barrie.

I know he used to be on the FAN and in the Toronto media. Haven’t heard much of him lately so make of it what you will.

He is currently a Funeral Director's Assistant. Needless to say, he is not a source of any kind.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Is Barrie the type of Dman that they need? Great offensive player and skater, but he is smallish, and play in his own end is not his forte.

He is absolutely not the kind of defensemen they need, but that being said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to how Dubas has put together his roster and he seemingly doesn't think they need to be bigger, tougher or better defensively so at this point, in light of the things Dubas has done, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Leafs added a player like him.

Reactions: hn777

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Having Barrie added to the top PP would be crazy.

JT Matthews Marner Rielly Barrie

A Muzzin/Barrie D combo would do well together I think but they would still need a partner for Rielly. Maybe that's Dermott but we will see. Interesting times in Toronto

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He is absolutely not the kind of defensemen they need, but that being said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to how Dubas has put together his roster and he seemingly doesn't think they need to be bigger, tougher or better defensively so at this point, in light of the things Dubas has done, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Leafs added a player like him.

There is also the reality, that Barrie would improve the RD, even if he isn't the ideal guy for what is needed. But, how many ideal guys are other there, AND available? At a reasonable cost? The pickings might be so slim, that you have to accept what you can get, even if it isn't ideal.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Is Barrie the type of Dman that they need? Great offensive player and skater, but he is smallish, and play in his own end is not his forte.
I mean if you pair him with Muzzin it could be a good fit.

Would still need somebody to play with Rielly but assuming it's a Barrie in / Zaitsev out situation:

Rielly-???
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Liljegren
Rosen/Holl/Borgman/other

It's fine other than the glaring hole on the top right side.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
There is also the reality, that Barrie would improve the RD, even if he isn't the ideal guy for what is needed. But, how many ideal guys are other there, AND available? At a reasonable cost? The pickings might be so slim, that you have to accept what you can get, even if it isn't ideal.

Then you also have to be prepared to fail in the playoffs again. I don't see the point of spending the money or the assets to add a piece that doesn't improve your chances of winning. This team is spending *a lot* of money to fail. Why not make the touch choices of actually addressing the weaknesses in the roster and then paying the price to fix them?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Then you also have to be prepared to fail in the playoffs again. I don't see the point of spending the money or the assets to add a piece that doesn't improve your chances of winning. This team is spending *a lot* of money to fail. Why not make the touch choices of actually addressing the weaknesses in the roster and then paying the price to fix them?

Is Barrie better than Hainsey, Holl, Dermott, Zaitsev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad