Barrie Colts 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
In order for us to improve, I'd like to see us get the younger players play more of a significant role on this team. I love the idea of having Akey and Tiller as the 2nd pairing. I also would love to see Grisolia move up at least to the 3rd line. Having him on the 4th line does not give the kid the chance to show what he can do.

I'd also like to see Beaudoin play down the middle on the 4th line and Pickell be given the chance as his winger.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
In order for us to improve, I'd like to see us get the younger players play more of a significant role on this team. I love the idea of having Akey and Tiller as the 2nd pairing. I also would love to see Grisolia move up at least to the 3rd line. Having him on the 4th line does not give the kid the chance to show what he can do.

I'd also like to see Beaudoin play down the middle on the 4th line and Pickell be given the chance as his winger.

thats not really martys style. hell run the stars hard and trade the kids, picks, zamboni, whatever to get more stars

Devin

Jul 25, 2018

I like the idea of giving young guys ice time if it’s not a go for it year. Which.. what kind of year will it be?

Roster looks good on paper. Then I look at 80% of other ohl rosters and they look good too.

Reactions: dirty12

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
I like the idea of giving young guys ice time if it’s not a go for it year. Which.. what kind of year will it be?

Roster looks good on paper. Then I look at 80% of other ohl rosters and they look good too.
Yes, I agree with you. I feel the east is very strong and is up for grabs. That's the reason why i'm hedging my bets by easing some of these rookies to accept more responsibility, hoping to develop them for the next 3 years. Especially since we have so many picks. We could very well go for it for many years to come.

I guess we will know more when the season starts as to where we are as a team. Exciting times ahead as a BC fan.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Williamson will go for it this year even if in 5th at the Christmas break, has to I think. The back end of OHL teams doesn’t start a season with 19 yr olds better than Clarke, Cholach, Punnett, Thornton very often.
Matthews, Picknell, Tiller should have trade value that the colts can easily replace with a trade of Haight next year.

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Williamson will go for it this year even if in 5th at the Christmas break, has to I think. The back end of OHL teams doesn’t start a season with 19 yr olds better than Clarke, Cholach, Punnett, Thornton very often.
Matthews, Picknell, Tiller should have trade value that the colts can easily replace with a trade of Haight next year.
Trade me the O’s biggest beauty in Pinelli this year and I’ll trade you haight next year.

Deal?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don’t really get the joke

Like Marty goes on the fullest of full sends to the point where he sells absolutely everything?
yes, look at how he left barrie the first time and how he leftt niagara. he burns it to the ground to win now. howie wont care he will want the playoff gate money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad