Barrie Colts 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
As a Canadian, I can't imagine what that must feel like for Cholach.
My heart goes out to him, his family and all Ukranians.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
How many drafts in the past decade does beaudoin go 1st overall? Is he better than Suzuki at the same age?

Anyone have an ohl comparable?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
How many drafts in the past decade does beaudoin go 1st overall? Is he better than Suzuki at the same age?

Anyone have an ohl comparable?
Maybe over Levin in 2015? But that was a weird draft and Sudbury didn't have very many options of people who would report. Other than that I don't think he'd go 1/1 in any. He had a ton of assists but goal scoring generally gets you drafted 1/1 (obviously some exceptions) and he didn't do that at an elite level for 16U. And small sample size but 0 goals and only 1 assist when called up to the CCHL. Big, strong player but definitely areas he'll need to improve on to become a top 6 OHL player

Reactions: Devin

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Maybe over Levin in 2015? But that was a weird draft and Sudbury didn't have very many options of people who would report. Other than that I don't think he'd go 1/1 in any. He had a ton of assists but goal scoring generally gets you drafted 1/1 (obviously some exceptions) and he didn't do that at an elite level for 16U. And small sample size but 0 goals and only 1 assist when called up to the CCHL. Big, strong player but definitely areas he'll need to improve on to become a top 6 OHL player
Thanks for the scouting report generalsupdates.

Sad to see barrie won’t be in Oshawa till later on the season, but we’ll get there.

Predictions on the east?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Niagara will be 2024 memorial cup host.
I think (Battalion, Colts, Petes), ‘67s, Steelheads are the top 5, right now.

Reactions: three dog night

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Enjoy Thornton. He deserves to be a starter. He will have top 5 numbers this year. Late bloomer. Only reason he isn’t in Sarnia anymore is a slightly better Gaudreau.

Reactions: The Howler

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Enjoy Thornton. He deserves to be a starter. He will have top 5 numbers this year. Late bloomer. Only reason he isn’t in Sarnia anymore is a slightly better Gaudreau.
Sure … I heard he’s got the tools but nice .883 %.

Can you explain this meh kind of below average kinda bad save percentage?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sure … I heard he’s got the tools but nice .883 %.

Can you explain this meh kind of below average kinda bad save percentage?

I sure can, it’s called the Sarnia Sting defense that has been coached to failure the exact same way for multiple years now.

Those numbers means absolutely nothing.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I sure can, it’s called the Sarnia Sting defense that has been coached to failure the exact same way for multiple years now.

Those numbers means absolutely nothing.
So you actually think he’s a good goalie? And that he’ll be the #1?

Marty Williamson suggesting he’ll go all in for a chip this year. Also suggests the return of all 3 of cardwell vierling and mcdonell.

Sure… if cardwell wasn’t back I wasn’t sure if he’d go in this year or next but these factors today leads me to believe he’ll go all in this year.

Bring on the import draft

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Marty Williamson suggesting he’ll go all in for a chip this year. Also suggests the return of all 3 of cardwell vierling and mcdonell.

Sure… if cardwell wasn’t back I wasn’t sure if he’d go in this year or next but these factors today leads me to believe he’ll go all in this year.

Yes, he’s a good goalie. A NHL team signed him lol

Reactions: Tarantula

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

they want to keep lemieux, wouldnt be shocked if they moved vierling or cardwell first

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
they want to keep lemieux, wouldnt be shocked if they moved vierling or cardwell first
Cardwell? No chance. He’s a candidate for 100 PTS.

Lemieux over vierling though, I’m a little afraid that comes to fruition. Vierling does not seem motivated and that may be the reason per.

I know Marty is a fan of lemeiux

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Lemieux over vierling though, I’m a little afraid that comes to fruition. Vierling does not seem motivated and that may be the reason per.

you can say no chance, but when have i posted things that are flat untrue? im telling you, cardwell is not a lock. you can disagree, i may agree with you, but they seem to be valuing vierling over cardwell.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
you can say no chance, but when have i posted things that are flat untrue? im telling you, cardwell is not a lock. you can disagree, i may agree with you, but they seem to be valuing vierling over cardwell.
Who are you? Are you telling me you know your ins with management?

I haven’t really read any of your stuff, or if I have I don’t recall.

If cardwell is not a lock then I think I better send my application in.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

i have no interest in debate again, we have done this before and a few posters, mostly including a long time moderator, came in and told you that i was legit. but if we need to this again, ill point you to yesterday where i posted on the ottawa thread that cranley was off to flint and gaidamak was going niagara (i think i posted about him two days ago). i posted sudubry had a deal done for an 02 and i thought it was ranger (told howlman in pm it was him) but didnt want to post it because i didnt knwo for sure. thats not including the draft where i had almost all of the top 15. or perhaps when i said the brantford guy bought the ice dogs a month before anyone else?

you can believe me or not, my information has been correct in the past, and i would bet that it will be correct again in the future. agree or disagree, doesnt impact my day in the slightest.

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
i have no interest in debate again, we have done this before and a few posters, mostly including a long time moderator, came in and told you that i was legit. but if we need to this again, ill point you to yesterday where i posted on the ottawa thread that cranley was off to flint and gaidamak was going niagara (i think i posted about him two days ago). i posted sudubry had a deal done for an 02 and i thought it was ranger (told howlman in pm it was him) but didnt want to post it because i didnt knwo for sure. thats not including the draft where i had almost all of the top 15. or perhaps when i said the brantford guy bought the ice dogs a month before anyone else?

you can believe me or not, my information has been correct in the past, and i would bet that it will be correct again in the future. agree or disagree, doesnt impact my day in the slightest.
Maybe he’s doing the exact same thing he did in 2009-10.. traded OA josh Britain then built a 57-9 team afterwards.

Still though, since you have connections and cardwell is seriously being considered the odd man out over Vierling McDonnell and especially Lemieux… I’ll get my resume ready and expect an interview tomorrow.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Maybe Cardwell does not want to be back in Barrie; perhaps a little bitter about being shopped at the deadline, or requested a trade at the deadline?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Maybe Cardwell does not want to be back in Barrie; perhaps a little bitter about being shopped at the deadline, or requested a trade at the deadline?
there are some issues there for sure, but i dont think he requested anything.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
If that’s the reason it can be the only explanation.

Maybe OHL4LIFE will know since he has sources and doesn’t want to tell us who he knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad