Barrie Colts 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018

Kavanaugh should start the season in the third pairing with one of Tiller or Aitcheson, so that is an indication that Lemieux is not in the Colts plan for OAs; unless, the plan is to go with four OAs?
Who you have taking the east this year?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who you have taking the east this year?
I think the colts have the clearest path and the most assets to be the league’s best team. But I will probably end up picking the Petes to finish 1st because it appears the central division has four of the five top teams in the conference.

Reactions: Devin

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
@OHL4Life

I guess Marty read the boards and had some sense knocked into him about cardsy.

im not saying your wrong, id keep cardwell too, but i think theres more at play then just on ice with cardwell, for whatever reason, i dont know that williamson is his biggest fan. no proof of that, just what ive heard.

Reactions: Devin

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I think the colts have the clearest path and the most assets to be the league’s best team. But I will probably end up picking the Petes to finish 1st because it appears the central division has four of the five top teams in the conference.
You’re a good man for standing behind my team.

If they win games early don’t be surprised to see Marty deal akey, Beaudoin, tiller + all picks and go all out. Marty doesn’t half send (unless the man paying his cheque steps in).

Could be a 2009-10 juggernaut again.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You’re a good man for standing behind my team.

If they win games early don’t be surprised to see Marty deal akey, Beaudoin, tiller + all picks and go all out. Marty doesn’t half send (unless the man paying his cheque steps in).

Could be a 2009-10 juggernaut again.
Williamson has a history of ‘all-in’ then total rebuild, and has a mandate to win a championship. But how much can you realistically add to the Colts? The top four D plus goalie is about as good as any; plus,
Cardwell-Vierling-McDonnell
Jelsma-Haight-?
Import-Frasca-Grisolia
Lowe-Elinas/(Beaudoin)-….
Akey is very possibly dropped to 3rd pairing if acquiring another D, but probably too useful to be included in a trade. With 7-9 (2nds), 4-5 (3rds) and plenty of extra 4-6 picks over 4 years, Barrie may not even need to move Beaudoin; unless there is a ridiculous and unlikely package of Arcuri, Wright, and Roger available. Instead some former 2nd & 3rd round picked players such as; Del Monte, Matthews, Picknell, and Tiller, and maybe York and Roenick should be enough to get whatever the Colts need.

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Williamson has a history of ‘all-in’ then total rebuild, and has a mandate to win a championship. But how much can you realistically add to the Colts? The top four D plus goalie is about as good as any; plus,
Cardwell-Vierling-McDonnell
Jelsma-Haight-?
Import-Frasca-Grisolia
Lowe-Elinas/(Beaudoin)-….
Akey is very possibly dropped to 3rd pairing if acquiring another D, but probably too useful to be included in a trade. With 7-9 (2nds), 4-5 (3rds) and plenty of extra 4-6 picks over 4 years, Barrie may not even need to move Beaudoin; unless there is a ridiculous and unlikely package of Arcuri, Wright, and Roger available. Instead some former 2nd & 3rd round picked players such as; Del Monte, Matthews, Picknell, and Tiller, and maybe York and Roenick should be enough to get whatever the Colts need.
Agreeing you looking at the lineup and saying “how do I even add to this team”.

But 50+ win teams make upgrades to positions that don’t need upgrading. 2009-10 colts dealt both O’Connor and Sgarbossa (solid contributors at the time) for Brodie and Crawford. Then of course Ryan Strome for pietraneglo but the market this year won’t be anywhere near this stature.

I like you’re arcuri idea. Any other neat trade proposals?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Agreeing you looking at the lineup and saying “how do I even add to this team”.

But 50+ win teams make upgrades to positions that don’t need upgrading. 2009-10 colts dealt both O’Connor and Sgarbossa (solid contributors at the time) for Brodie and Crawford. Then of course Ryan Strome for pietraneglo but the market this year won’t be anywhere near this stature.

I like you’re arcuri idea. Any other neat trade proposals?
No.
Arcuri & Roger for Cardwell, Frasca, Picknell and a couple of near picks strikes me as a great fit for both teams. Kingston of course, would eventually flip Cardwell for as much or more than they would get for Roger. With the right moves, Kingston can contend for the east division next season.
Kingston probably gets more overall value, but the Colts defence and goalie is set right from the start of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 03HockeyFan

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
Can you imagine if Eduard Sale decided to come to the CHL. It would go a long way in setting us up to go for it the next couple of years.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Can you imagine if Eduard Sale decided to come to the CHL. It would go a long way in setting us up to go for it the next couple of years.
If Barrie can be league favourites before trade deadline (or during world juniors) then maybe that’ll give sale incentive to come over.

If not, there’s an import spot open. And as we know impact imports come on the cheap as each team is only aloud 2.

Try something like;

Cardwell-Vierling-Mcdonnell
Jelsma-Haight-del monte
Grisolia-Frasca-matthews
Jodoin-Beaudoin-York
Lowe

Clarke-Punnett
Cholach-Akey
Tiller-Kavanaugh
Aitcheson

Thornton.

I’m pretty sure with their abundance of picks & young players, you’ll see a full send at the deadline. Whether sale comes or not, expect a good Import added somehow? Also expect impact players added. I’ll call these xxx.

Cardwell - xxx (Impact centre)- McDonnell
xxx (Import) - Haight - Vierling
Jelsma - Frasca - Del Monte
Jodoin - Grisolia - Matthews
York
Lowe

Clarke - xxx (Impact D)
Punnett - Akey
Cholach - Tiller
Aitcheson

Thornton
xxx - BACK UP

This is only adding 3 solid players, one being an import. They may even be able to get this done without trading beaudoin. Unless of course that 1st line centre is Wright or Johnston.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If Barrie can be league favourites before trade deadline (or during world juniors) then maybe that’ll give sale incentive to come over.

If not, there’s an import spot open. And as we know impact imports come on the cheap as each team is only aloud 2.

Try something like;

Jelsma-Haight-del monte
Grisolia-Frasca-matthews
Jodoin-Beaudoin-York
Lowe

Clarke-Punnett
Cholach-Akey
Tiller-Kavanaugh
Aitcheson

Thornton.

I’m pretty sure with their abundance of picks & young players, you’ll see a full send at the deadline. Whether sale comes or not, expect a good Import added somehow? Also expect impact players added. I’ll call these xxx.

York
Lowe

Clarke - xxx (Impact D)
Punnett - Akey
Cholach - Tiller
Aitcheson

Thornton
xxx - BACK UP

This is only adding 3 solid players, one being an import. They may even be able to get this done without trading beaudoin. Unless of course that 1st line centre is Wright or Johnston.
Is McDonnell back? Why isn't he playing for USA? Could mean he thinks he has a legit shot to get an ELC in Tampa Bay camp

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You're writing in invisible ink again Devin

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 10

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
You're writing in invisible ink again Devin
Sorry bro it glitched out I honestly thought the mods booted me off

McDonnell was hanging out at sabres summer camp, playing in some scrimmages with their gear on and what not.

I think it’s safe to say he has had a falling out with TBL

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sorry bro it glitched out I honestly thought the mods booted me off

McDonnell was hanging out at sabres summer camp, playing in some scrimmages with their gear on and what not.

I think it’s safe to say he has had a falling out with TBL
Interesting. Although if BUF signs him then Barrie is equally as boned since he's old enough to go to AHL once an ELC is signed

EmG

Aug 12, 2022

Try something like;

Jelsma-Haight-del monte
Grisolia-Frasca-matthews
Jodoin-Beaudoin-York
Lowe

Clarke-Punnett
Cholach-Akey
Tiller-Kavanaugh
Aitcheson

Thornton.

York
Lowe

Clarke - xxx (Impact D)
Punnett - Akey
Cholach - Tiller
Aitcheson

Thornton
xxx - BACK UP

Leave the day drinking to the experts

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
I hope trading Beaudoin is not in play to attract a top line C. Instead, i would love to package someone like Vierling and the plethora of picks that we have to get the player that we want.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I hope trading Beaudoin is not in play to attract a top line C. Instead, i would love to package someone like Vierling and the plethora of picks that we have to get the player that we want.

why would a rebuilding team want an overage player? you probably need to move him or other in a seperate deal and then throw it all at the player you want.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
here is how i see it going

LWCRWLDRDG
CardwellVierlingFrascaCholachClarkeThornton
YorkHaightMcDonnellTillerAkeyCaruso
WigleJelsmaDel MontePunnettKavanagh
BeaudoinGrisoliaMatthewsSchanbacherAitcheson
PickellWigleJodoin
LoweEllinas

Status
Not open for further replies.