Barrie Colts 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Moved to the area from BC and decided to get season tickets last year.

Big congrats to HH for getting drafted in the 2nd. I'm hoping Clarke comes back next year and we make a run. I truly believe we are going to have all the pcs to go for it the year after next.
Or how about this year?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I do think Lemieux has a good chance to return as one of the OAs. He gets better every year and the team seems to love him. The D core is pretty light without him after the first 3

Looking at your depth chart I could see them moving on from Del Monte as he seems to never be available.

If Sale commits and Cardwell gets moved (I also expect this) I could see the forward lines being something like this:

Jelsma - Vierling - McDonnell
Sale - Haight - Matthews
York - Frasca - Grisolia
Pickell - Beaudoin - Jodoin

Extras:
Lowe
Wigle
Smith
If Cardwell and Williamson cannot co-exist, Cardwell will be moved. I really doubt the reason will be Williamson feels a need to keep Lemieux because the Colts D is light after the top 3. Lemieux would get less TOI than all of Clarke, Punnet, Cholach, Akey imo. I’m not even sure an OA swap of Cardwell for Roger (KGN) would improve the team.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
If Cardwell and Williamson cannot co-exist, Cardwell will be moved. I really doubt the reason will be Williamson feels a need to keep Lemieux because the Colts D is light after the top 3. Lemieux would get less TOI than all of Clarke, Punnet, Cholach, Akey imo. I’m not even sure an OA swap of Cardwell for Roger (KGN) would improve the team.
Trading cardwell never will improve the team.

Just do this:

To Bar: Shane Wright
To KGN : 3x (2nd) + 2x (3rd) + 4th + pick + 2 young roster players with upside

To Bar: Del Mastro
To Fish: 2x (2nd) + Akey + young roster player + pick

To Bar: Johnston
To WSR: Beaudoin, 2x (2nd) + 2 picks +

There’s picks and players to be traded everywhere. If you’re trading cardwell then there’s also the return on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog and dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Just do this:

There’s picks and players to be traded everywhere. If you’re trading cardwell then there’s also the return on that.
Looks easy; except two of those could be in the nhl and Mississauga contending

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Just do this:

You're not getting Shane Wright without giving up Beaudoin

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I'd probably agree with that. Although I think Johnston is in the NHL next year
Yeah I hope this year is a better buyers market than last. We know kingston will be rebuilding atleast and Oshawa I guess for a year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah I hope this year is a better buyers market than last. We know kingston will be rebuilding atleast and Oshawa I guess for a year
Who knows with Kingston. They should be rebuilding but if they get Wright back and now they have a 1 year stud NHL goalie. They could pull a Niagara and say okay let's go for it one last time around Wright and the goalie.

PBO/MISS/NIA/BAR should be buyers in the East based on their roster construction. SBY/OTT better than last year but not buyers. HAM/NB could take a step back if they decide to or could be pretty good again with a add move or two.

No idea about the west but that looks more like a sellers market to me as the Gens are the only team who you are pretty sure will be looking to trade their best player. KGN maybe but other than those 2, I don't think anyone will be. Could be quite a few teams to force to outbid each other in the East

Reactions: three dog night

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Who knows with Kingston. They should be rebuilding but if they get Wright back and now they have a 1 year stud NHL goalie. They could pull a Niagara and say okay let's go for it one last time around Wright and the goalie.

PBO/MISS/NIA/BAR should be buyers in the East based on their roster construction. SBY/OTT better than last year but not buyers. HAM/NB could take a step back if they decide to or could be pretty good again with a add move or two.

No idea about the west but that looks more like a sellers market to me as the Gens are the only team who you are pretty sure will be looking to trade their best player. KGN maybe but other than those 2, I don't think anyone will be. Could be quite a few teams to force to outbid each other in the East
Ugh, yeah in the east anyway it’s looking like yet another year of a crappy buyers market compared to sellers.

Hoping the west is different. Maybe KIT trades Pinelli and build around their 04’s / 05’s but even then might not.

Might be boring and see who develops their picks from previous drafts instead of huge deadline splashes.

But not sure what Niagara is doing, the new owner thinks his team has a chance and wasted his valueable picks on those windsor players when really they aren’t that good

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ugh, yeah in the east anyway it’s looking like yet another year of a crappy buyers market compared to sellers.

Hoping the west is different. Maybe KIT trades Pinelli and build around their 04’s / 05’s but even then might not.

Might be boring and see who develops their picks from previous drafts instead of huge deadline splashes.

But not sure what Niagara is doing, the new owner thinks his team has a chance and wasted his valueable picks on those windsor players when really they aren’t that good
KIT will be going for it next year I'd assume. They're about to get a couple big signings too that will make that more apparent.

That's the thing with the OHL. You assume NIA/KGN/HAM will be rebuilding but then NIA goes and adds a bunch. KGN could decide we have Wright and a top 5 goalie, let's go. And HAM still has quite a few pieces and might be pissed they lost in the Mem Cup final and want to go again. You never know

Reactions: Roadhog

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

OTT just got Marco Kasper for 1 year. Add them to the group of buyers lol

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Crazy Clarke has seem to be cut from team Canada summer roster? I think they do another camp for the real tourney in the winter?

If I were Clarke though, I wouldn’t even show up after being snubbed twice now.

Does hockey Canada not like defencemen who like to be in the offensive zone?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Crazy Clarke has seem to be cut from team Canada summer roster? I think they do another camp for the real tourney in the winter?

If I were Clarke though, I wouldn’t even show up after being snubbed twice now.

Does hockey Canada not like defencemen who like to be in the offensive zone?
He's not good enough to be on that August team as an underager. Plays too undisciplined and reckless for Canada, they've said that before. He'll be on the December team for his own age group

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
He's not good enough to be on that August team as an underager. Plays too undisciplined and reckless for Canada, they've said that before. He'll be on the December team for his own age group
Again, I wouldn’t show up if I were him.

Would you?

I also heard something about being bossy around his teammates but idk if that adds to anything

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
Again, I wouldn’t show up if I were him.

Would you?

I also heard something about being bossy around his teammates but idk if that adds to anything
I hate the politics with team Canada. I cannot imagine how frustrated Clarke must feel to always be snubbed. He's certainly good enough to earn a roster spot. There has to be more to this story.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
You're not getting Shane Wright without giving up Beaudoin
:laugh: Kingston has enough slow footed forwards.

I hate the politics with team Canada. I cannot imagine how frustrated Clarke must feel to always be snubbed. He's certainly good enough to earn a roster spot. There has to be more to this story.
I agree. Clarke is a solid dman. Maybe there is just a part of his game they cant accept?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Clarke and Cardwell hanging out at the boots and hearts barn burner.

Let’s hope this means chemistry is good with Cardwell and he’s not traded.

Should be a good team.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Kavanaugh should start the season in the third pairing with one of Tiller or Aitcheson, so that is an indication that Lemieux is not in the Colts plan for OAs; unless, the plan is to go with four OAs?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018

Kavanaugh should start the season in the third pairing with one of Tiller or Aitcheson, so that is an indication that Lemieux is not in the Colts plan for OAs; unless, the plan is to go with four OAs?
@OHL4Life

I guess Marty read the boards and had some sense knocked into him about cardsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad