Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Impact players for the Colts this season?

Suzuki. With some continued international experience and a lights out rookie NHL tournament Ryan should at the top of his game this season

Tucker. Looked like a men among boys in camp, solid, patient and offensively effective

Pekar. Hopefully stays healthy and brings some pro experience back to the team

Tortora. Should post some great numbers this season after learning the OHL style for the second half of last season

Clarke. Wow this kid is amazing to watch. Such a unique style to his game and 10 points in preseason!

Foerster. Great preseason and has found his ability to find the back of the net

Piercey. Big and strong and playing with some toughness, he should be a big part of this team. Seems much faster this year. Could make some room for Suzuki?

Greaves. Great athletic goalie that can hold things down for the team if need be.

Just to name a few....

Still lots of depth

Hill
Allensen
Bignell
Del monte
Wilms
Frasca

Should be a fun season.

Thoughts....

Hill & Allensen are a lot more than depth. I can see the colts 4-5 in the conference at seasons end.

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Yes very true. Both have been stable D men for the Colts.

Also forgot to mention York!!

looks like an exciting roster for 2019-2020

Reactions: dirty12

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
What I've liked through two games so far, record is 2-0-0:
D core looks solid and all pairings seem to have a lot of chemistry and each pairing could play top minutes they are that good.
Really liked the line of Brown-Bignell-Tortora, brought lots of energy to the lineup and has a good mixture of size and skill.
Top line has been pretty solid, obviously Pekar has been an absolute beast.
So far the goalie tandem has seem strong, Silvos looked a little shaky at times but was still very strong.
Ive liked how Warren Rychel has emphasized to the players that hard work pays off because so far this team is very hard working and relentless with or without the puck.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Complete blow out last night against Owen Sound 10-0. Jet in the net for all 10 goals. Back in action Saturday against Missy.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
I was surprised Rychel kept Greaves in net. 10 goals is a bit too much take. Everyone was off last night. Tough to watch. Tucker and Tortora will most likely face suspensions. Tucker likely to get 5-10 games as repeat offender (hopefully not). Will be interesting to see how many games Tortora will receive for that stick swing on Groulx. Hopefully Groulx faces a suspension as well for grabbing Tortora from the bench which initiated the swing from Tortora.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
I was surprised Rychel kept Greaves in net. 10 goals is a bit too much take. Everyone was off last night. Tough to watch. Tucker and Tortora will most likely face suspensions. Tucker likely to get 5-10 games as repeat offender (hopefully not). Will be interesting to see how many games Tortora will receive for that stick swing on Groulx. Hopefully Groulx faces a suspension as well for grabbing Tortora from the bench which initiated the swing from Tortora.
Was surprised he kept him in as well. Thought for sure Arturs Silovs was going to start the second. Oh well, guess it's good to get that type of game out in the beginning of the year.
On the suspension front, Tucker will most likely get more than 3 games but I'm not sure if anything will happen with Totora. We will have to wait and see, but should be interesting!
Hopefully a bounce back game Saturday for the team, gonna be much needed for a confidence booster for the team after a loss like that last night.
Would have to assume Silovs starts Saturday!
Knowing how Warren is and the way he played as a player being a fierce competitor he will have the boys all recouped and ready to go come Saturday!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Tyler Tucker suspended 3 games for a kneeing major

Jacob Tortora suspended 8 games for a slashing major, to an OS player on the bench

Pucksindeep94

Jan 21, 2019
Had a chance to check out Vladislav Dvurechenskii tonight playing with the collingwood colts, had a nice pass to set up the first goal which he got an assist on and when they were down 4-1 with 20 seconds left made a good drive to the net to apply pressure on the defender and goalie which lead to a goal from the point, this caught my eye because the game was already over , good on him! Used his size out front a lot , it’s what made me look him up and realize he was drafted. I will post some updates if I see him in the future if that interests anyone here ?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Nice bounce back win for the boys this week with a 7-3 win over Mississauga! Tyson Foerster with a 6 point night, him and Suzuki look unstoppable!!

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Hey haymaker22, ever get the feeling you are talking to yourself...24 of 36 posts were from you. But keep up the posts as no one else is talking.
What has happened to the Colt's forum? Not as many posters commenting as in past years.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
so why doesnt Tyson Foerster have his own hf thread yet? is his start to the year that unexpected?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hey haymaker22, ever get the feeling you are talking to yourself...24 of 36 posts were from you. But keep up the posts as no one else is talking.
What has happened to the Colt's forum? Not as many posters commenting as in past years.
Thank you and thanks lazy boy. Often times I feel like I am posting for no apparent reason. Not too sure what has happened to this thread, maybe twitter has started to become more attracted to by Colts fans?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
so why doesnt Tyson Foerster have his own hf thread yet? is his start to the year that unexpected?
I wouldn't say its unexpected after the way he ended last year off, but it's certainly exciting to know we now how have another offensive threat up front! Tyson can evolve himself into a top NHL prospect for this years draft if he keeps this pace up.

Reactions: wingerdinger

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
A dissapointing note to start the year off is forward Riley Piercey. He was taken in the first round by the Colts in 2018 and just hasn't been able to find his game in the OHL. Don't get me wrong, the kid has it in him to produce, it's just a matter of time. For me, his game is too simple and he needs to start using his excellent shot more often. He's got the size and skill to be an offensive player, I just think there is adjustments that need to be made in his game in order for him to succeed. Not only that, but he's not been given the opportunity's like Foerster has, he hasn't had the trust in his coach to play any special teams and is playing less than 10 minutes a night. Tyson Foerster really turned it on last season when he moved up the lineup to play on the top power play alongside Ryan Suzuki. Maybe something like this could be a confidence booster, and to me I feel like Riley is and will be able to be a 20+ goal scorer in this leauge. Just an FYI Foerster was taken later than Piercey in the 2018 draft by the Colts.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Someone that I'm looking at to have a bigger impact on this team this year is forward Dalton Duhart. Duhart is a 2 way forward that has shown signs of offence but nothing spectacular. Duhart was acquired by trade last season for d man Joey Keane. If he could produce a bit more it will provide depth up front. Good penalty killer and is good on draws, looking for him to be much improved this season!

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I wouldn't say its unexpected after the way he ended last year off, but it's certainly exciting to know we now how have another offensive threat up front! Tyson can evolve himself into a top NHL prospect for this years draft if he keeps this pace up.
thanks for the reply and the info. It's a deep draft, but he's gotta be a least around a high 2nd round pick atm. He looks such an intriguing prospect, I hope he can stay consistent.

Reactions: haymaker22

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
A big surprise to this season so far is newly named assistant captain, Luke Bignell. Bignell has always been a workhorse for this team but never really has been seen as an offensive threat. This season Luke is off to a hot start putting up 2 goals and 3 points in 4 games. With an increased role on this team Bignell looks much more comfortable with the puck and is really starting to use his size and strength to drive to the net and tap pucks in. Luke is a great penalty killer and face off guy and provides great forward depth for this team up front!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What happened to all of Barrie's other 2018 picks? The only players from that draft on your roster are the 1st rounder (Piercey), 3rd rounder (Foerster) and the 12th rounder (Sredl). You took the max 4 players from the 2019 draft before taking any more from the 2018 draft. Was it a weak draft for you, or was your 2019 draft just that strong?

Reactions: haymaker22

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
thanks for the reply and the info. It's a deep draft, but he's gotta be a least around a high 2nd round pick atm. He looks such an intriguing prospect, I hope he can stay consistent.
Yes, consistency is the biggest question especially for players heading into their draft year. As long as he stays with Suzuki on the top line I think he will put up easily 50 plus points. Like you mentioned with such a deep NHL draft, Tyson could potentially become a 2nd round steal for some teams. Always interesting to see how much a player evolves over the course of a 62 game season! Future is bright for him that's for sure!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
What happened to all of Barrie's other 2018 picks? The only players from that draft on your roster are the 1st rounder (Piercey), 3rd rounder (Foerster) and the 12th rounder (Sredl). You took the max 4 players from the 2019 draft before taking any more from the 2018 draft. Was it a weak draft for you, or was your 2019 draft just that strong?
Good question, we had quality picks like Eric Russel in the 3rd round, Austin D'Orazio in the 5th round, and many others who all had great camps with the Colts but just simply no room on the current roster. IMO guys like Rhodes for example are taking away some roster spots from our good quality draft picks. Eric Russel was supposed to be a promising forward but just hasn't been able to crack the roster no matter how good of camps he had. I thought for sure he would make it this year but once again the Colts cut him. He has been playing in the OJHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad