Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDogg14

Dec 9, 2013
Ontario
Hey Colts Fans and Happy 25th Anniversary! Any word if Aidan Hughes is still in consideration for the team? I felt he was very impressive in the Blue/White game, but also realize there is a logjam of forwards. Regardless if some are there because their father scouts for the team, it would be crazy not to give Hughes a longer look, or am I just out here missing something?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hey Colts Fans and Happy 25th Anniversary! Any word if Aidan Hughes is still in consideration for the team? I felt he was very impressive in the Blue/White game, but also realize there is a logjam of forwards. Regardless if some are there because their father scouts for the team, it would be crazy not to give Hughes a longer look, or am I just out here missing something?
Hughes has yet to be added to the pre-season roster so I believe he's been let go but I could be wrong.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Gonna be interesting to see what moves management does to complete the roster. With 15 forwards & 9 D, they are definitely gonna have to release some players. Players like Fleming, Rhodes, Partridge, Hatfield, come to mind.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Brown and Cameron competing for the final OA spot, IMO Brown stays and maybe they try and find a trade partner for Cameron.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Line Predictions for the 2019-2020 season:
Pekar-Suzuki-Tortora
Foerster-Willms-Brown
Duhart-Bignell- Piercey
Partridge-Del Monte-Frasca/Zagrzebski/Rhodes/Fleming

Tucker-Clarke
Hill-York
Allensen-Prospal/ Sredl/ Hadfield

Greaves/Silvos split starter role

Hard to tell how the 03 born players will play this season so obviously changes can be made.
Thoughts on this lineup???

Last edited:

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Other Colts news, they have changed the rink name from Barrie Molson Centre to Colts centre.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Line Predictions for the 2019-2020 season:
Pekar-Suzuki-Tortora
Forester-Willms-Brown
Duhart-Bignell- Piercy
Partridge-Del Monte-Frasca/Zagrzebski/Rhodes/Fleming

Tucker-Clarke
Hill-York
Allensen-Prospal/ Sredl/ Hadfield

Greaves/Silvos split starter role

Hard to tell how the 03 born players will play this season so obviously changes can be made.
Thoughts on this lineup???
I expect Piercey and Foerster to have a HUGE year. Foerster finished last season off strong and Piercey looked real good in camp.
York & Allensen are going to have a big year as well IMO, and have improved a lot since last year.
IMO Clarke is going to put up big numbers as a rookie and will easily fit in the top 4.
Excited to see Del Monte, Frasca, and Zagrzebski show what they got.
Duhart & Bignell provide good depth to the team if they can stay consistent offensively.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Barrie Colts game day!! 6pm puck drop against the Owen Sound Attack.
Colts are 2-0 this pre-season & the Attack are 0-1.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
As per Gene Pereira on twitter, Dale Hawerchuck will not be behind the Colts bench this season due to health related issues. Tough news and all the best to Dale and his family!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
5 Colts heading to NHL training camps:
Ryan Suzuki, Carolina Hurricanes
Tyler Tucker, St. Louis Blues
Jack York, Montreal Canadiens
Mathew Hill, Anaheim Ducks
Matej Pekar, Buffalo Sabres

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Seems to be playing in the OJHL. I'd say he's cut but it wouldn't be a surprise if the Colts are looking at moving a few players out to sign Russell and a few others.
Just to add on to that, the team could do some mid season signings kinda like they did with Sredl last year. Players that come to mind are Eric Russel, Aidan Hughes, Austin D'Orazio, Vlad Dvurechensky. Got imagine players like Fleming, Rhodes, Partridge, Hadfield could be on the way out.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Have also heard rumblings that the team will keep F Aidan Brown for the 3rd and final OA spot. Not sure if they are planning on finding a trade partner to find D Chris Cameron a new home or waiving his rights. #Colts

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Warren Rychel named Colts new head coach for this upcoming season. Replacing Dale Hawerchuck who is away from the team for the season due to health related issues.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Impressive game last nigh by Tyson Foerster getting a hatty, nice to see Piercey get 2 points as well.Colts lose 6-5 but look to bounce back tonight against Kitchener!

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Impact players for the Colts this season?

Suzuki. With some continued international experience and a lights out rookie NHL tournament Ryan should at the top of his game this season

Tucker. Looked like a men among boys in camp, solid, patient and offensively effective

Pekar. Hopefully stays healthy and brings some pro experience back to the team

Tortora. Should post some great numbers this season after learning the OHL style for the second half of last season

Clarke. Wow this kid is amazing to watch. Such a unique style to his game and 10 points in preseason!

Foerster. Great preseason and has found his ability to find the back of the net

Piercey. Big and strong and playing with some toughness, he should be a big part of this team. Seems much faster this year. Could make some room for Suzuki?

Greaves. Great athletic goalie that can hold things down for the team if need be.

Just to name a few....

Still lots of depth

Hill
Allensen
Bignell
Del monte
Wilms
Frasca

Should be a fun season.

Thoughts....

Reactions: haymaker22
Status