Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Through 5 things look pretty good for the Colts. 19 goals against and 10 were in one game. Pretty sure that game can be flushed as they say, thinking the Colts are looking good for a run at the Central this year.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Great road game by the Colts last night. They went into Windsor and faced a club off to a hot start after beating the Sting the previous evening. Pretty impressive considering their top defenceman( Tucker) and top six forward Tortora were serving suspensions. Colts really need to get a grip on stupid stick infractions; its really hurting the club as they gave up 2 more ppg's last game. Really liking the goalie tandem so far.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Going with what I've seen above, I think it's safe to say that the biggest take away from the last 5 games is penalty troubles although they have still been able to get away with some wins. Without penalty troubles they could easily be 6-0 on the season.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hearing that the Colts home is in transition to a new name for their arena.

As a fan from a city who prides itself on local businesses for corporate and local support, if it was up to me wouldn't it make better sense to re-name the building "The Flying Monkey Arena" as the local brewery is The Flying Monkey Brewery based in Barrie??

What do Colts fans think if they would name Flying Monkey Arena???

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Not much of a chance on the goals against last night for Silovs. He likes to get involved in the game that’s for sure. Against the wrong opponent he’s going to pay for his actions

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
With Barrie 11 games in, where do we see this team going this season? Do they really have enough firepower up front to make a deep playoff run? Is there team depth good enough? What's your guys thoughts????

I know for me after watching 11 games, the Colts lead the league once again in penalty minutes and it's flat out costing them games. Much more disciplined needs to be made in order for Barrie to be a all around 'good' team.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
With Barrie 11 games in, where do we see this team going this season? Do they really have enough firepower up front to make a deep playoff run? Is there team depth good enough? What's your guys thoughts????

I know for me after watching 11 games, the Colts lead the league once again in penalty minutes and it's flat out costing them games. Much more disciplined needs to be made in order for Barrie to be a all around 'good' team.

Middle of the road as expected I think. Should stand pat, or get a little younger would be ideal I think. Still need some more picks for a run next season. Discipline needs to be worked on as it's almost embarrassing at this point. As you said though, they're overall a solid team that's fun to watch most nights.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Middle of the road as expected I think. Should stand pat, or get a little younger would be ideal I think. Still need some more picks for a run next season. Discipline needs to be worked on as it's almost embarrassing at this point. As you said though, they're overall a solid team that's fun to watch most nights.
I agree with the picks for next year as well. Although the future of this team is very well unknown. If they get Suzuki & Tucker back next year that would be huge.
As for this season, I see this team being able to make the playoffs, and I think they may make some trade deadline moves to bolster that top 6 a bit.
Surprised to still see the OA race going at it. Gotta think Chris Cameron is the odd one out but you never know. I personally just don't see a fit for Cameron especially the way guys like Sredl are playing.

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Colts hung on to a good one Thursday against a hot Owen Sound team. Penalty trouble almost did them in again though.

Hopefully the team is flying tonight!!!

Glimmers of a pretty solid team when everything is rolling!! If Rychel has the ability to keep the boys focussed and all of them firing Colts could have something here....

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They ( who the hell is they ) might like him, but I don't see it. We are looking for a bonafide center not a project. His numbers show me nothing!

Colts, I thought
What does Porco/Lemieux trade have to do with bonafide center?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
How is Mathew Hill playing?

What defense pairing is he on. Do you think he'll ever get an offensive game?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
How is Mathew Hill playing?

What defense pairing is he on. Do you think he'll ever get an offensive game?

Hill is his usual solid self most nights. Does the little things well. Good at getting pucks on net and a good skater for his size. As for what pairing he's on, the Colts seem to rotate it alot but his most frequent parter seems to be Cameron. Also plays with Clarke at times. He's firmly in the top 4 and gets a ton of PK time. As for developing his offensive game, there has always been glimmers and the goal tonight showed it, but consistently it isn't there yet. Colts have alot of Blueliners that like to rush the puck so definitely makes him stay back more.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Nail biter in the third period tonight after some interesting trade news. Porco adds some speed to the top 6, and will be back next season so that's nice. Like the Ian Lemieux addition as well, but makes me think another deal is coming. Glad to see Duhart on the way out. Not sure what happened this year but he's been just lost on the ice. I do hope he finds his game in Saginaw as he showed some promise last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->