Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts on Tyson Foerster? Drafted in 3rd round but not commitment yet that I have seen. Think he makes the team?

I think he would need a year of Jr A before making the jump. He was really good for that Barrie MM team but the only player I think would be ready for the OHL right away from them is James Hardie and maybe Alec Belanger

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Thoughts on Tyson Foerster? Drafted in 3rd round but not commitment yet that I have seen. Think he makes the team?

Could definitely make the team in a limited role as there is not many spots available this year. Colts generally don't sign outside the first round picks until they earn a spot in camp.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
I agree with Generalsupdates & LeafsColts comments. Having watched Foerster last season he definitely improved his game as the season progressed. Unfortunately, the Colts have too many bodies that are locked in for this upcoming season which narrows Foerster's chances of making the lineup. However, if he impresses the coaching staff during training camp, he may very well increase his chances.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I agree with Generalsupdates & LeafsColts comments. Having watched Foerster last season he definitely improved his game as the season progressed. Unfortunately, the Colts have too many bodies that are locked in for this upcoming season which narrows Foerster's chances of making the lineup. However, if he impresses the coaching staff during training camp, he may very well increase his chances.

I'd think that he signs with the Colts and plays a handful of OHL games throughout the season but plays 95% of the time in junior A. I think that'd be what's best for him too

puckstopper64

Jan 2, 2018
How many spots is Aurora holding open for Barrie as their affiliate? Which Barrie players will play in Aurora?

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
Colts signed G Jet Greaves. Should come in and complete along with Edmonds for the crease behind Zhukov (hopefully) this year and could be the starter in a year.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Zhukov was in Barrie all weekend. Would be surprised if he doesn't sign. Could be a nice battle for the backup spot, and Colts should get some assets out of trading the goalie that loses out. Likely picks, but I think they could use a winger.

ColtsFan89

Jul 31, 2018
Didn't have the chance to catch any games last year, but followed the Colts to see how the playoffs went on TV. With Svech leaving, Sokolov gone, Magwood out the door what are reasonable expectations for this team next year? Are we a true contender? Middle of the pack? Or bottom feeder likely to sell of any assets we have for futures?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Kind of a wait and see. They have a strong blueline, I think Magwood still returns. Depends how they do and what direction they want to take. They could possibly load up and make another run this year, or maybe sell off a little and have more assets to make a run next year. My guess as of right now maybe 4th or 5th in the east with potential to climb, but don't see them dropping much further than that even with a small sell off.

ColtsFan89

Jul 31, 2018
Do we have any top end NHL draft eligible talent on this years squad? I know in the past we have had the likes of Schiefele, Little, Ekblad, Pearson & Svechnikov... Thanks for the insight LeafsColts13. Looks like I will wait and see how the first few months of the season pan out.
Any chance they ever let Barrie host the Memorial Cup? I know they say our arena is too small, but i feel like they just don't like the Colts organization based on past incidents.

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
Suzuki and Allensen are the ones to watch.

Suzuki should be a first rounder if everything goes well. Allensen is flying under the radar and could work his way to being a mid to early round pick. Kind of that new age puck moving D.

Bignell would be the only other guy I could see getting drafted (Late 2000 birthday) other than maybe a re-entry

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Don't see the Colts ever hosting the memorial cup for both reasons stated there. As Scout1234 said, Suzuki and Allensen will be the main draft eligibles to watch. Allensen in particular is very underrated in my opinion. Should have been at the Hlinka camp at the very least. Add them to the recently drafted players in Keane and Tucker should be a solid team, especially if they can add Zhukov and Pekar to the existing core.

Reactions: Colts 5656

55crazyhorse

Aug 6, 2018
Anyone know how many true spots are available:
Forward- assuming- 3 spots
Defense- assuming-1 spot
I will assume goalie spots are full

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Zhukov hasnt been officially signed, but I'd be surprised if he isn't signed and announced soon. As for the spots available that's about right. Hadfield and Heitzner could be in tough if some of the rookies have good camps in my opinion as well.

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
Sorry. Hadfield should not have been here this past season. Decision is easy

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Sorry. Hadfield should not have been here this past season. Decision is easy
Very tight d core we have so its tough for players like Hadfield to showcase his talent after being scratched so many games last season..........

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
The OA situation in Barrie this years going to be brutal..... We all know Hawerchuck should be the odd man out but having your dad as the coach of the team may be a little advantage to Ben. Would love to see Chiodo, Magwood, Murray as our top three veterans on this team, hoping we don't loose Magwood to the Ahl for Nashville.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Whats your guys thoughts on Payton Schaly, Connor Lepage, Austin D'orazio, Jack Hanley, and Liam Fedack. Any chances of these guys cracking the roster for the Colts this season? Sure have looked pretty good so far in training camp.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Whats your guys thoughts on Payton Schaly, Connor Lepage, Austin D'orazio, Jack Hanley, and Liam Fedack. Any chances of these guys cracking the roster for the Colts this season? Sure have looked pretty good so far in training camp.

LePage and Schaly probably have a good shot at a forward spot. Fedak did look good but with the limited spots available it may be unlikely. Huge fan of Nate Hanley but believe he has a NCAA commitment so not sure how likely it is he signs this year. On the blue line agree regarding D'Orazio. Noah Marino could be another option. Thought he had a good day.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Which goalie(s) have looked good so far in camp?

All of the big 3 of Zhukov, Greaves and Edmonds have looked solid. Zhukov in particular, and Greaves I think takes the backup spot. Could make Edmonds expendable unfortunately. I do like Edmonds quite a bit. Never been so relaxed with a rookie goalie than I was with Kai last year. Very calm in the net and he's gotten quicker this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad