Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
Would Magwood now be available or has he other arrangements, possibly University? Great player, he could have a great year as a OA, imo.
I would think he's "on the block" . Magwood has too much to offer in his OA year. Guaranteed PPG player this coming season IMO. Playing a back seat role with the Colts this past season he managed to put up 59 pts in 65 games. He can dangle and bang at the same time. Don't think GM Jason Ford will have a hard time finding a home for Zach. Question is, how much will the return be? 2 picks (2nd & 3rd) and possibly a 16 / 17 year old that has some upside??

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
Well looks like no season tickets for me this year. They pick Ben over Magwood they aren't serious about winning.
GM Jason Ford is in a difficult situation here. I say this because I am certain Owner Howie Campbell made/ or is making this decision for the "team" to keep Ben Hawerchuk over Zach Magwood. Mind you, we are just spectulating here until the 2018/19 roster is announced.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
I feel the same about Hadfield.
Far better options on D.
I don't know what they have in store for Hadfield? The Colts do have a ton of depth on D. With Keane - Tucker - Murray - Allensen - Cameron eating up a chunk of the minutes this coming season don't see Hadfield playing much at all because you still have Matthew Hill and/or a rookie in the mix too. I could see 1-2 of these d-men getting moved during, or shortly after training camp. It's also worth noting that Hadfield played Left Wing on the 4th line late in the season, and into the playoffs due to injuries and suspensions.

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
It blows my mind that the Hadfield experiment continues. They should throw in the towel.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
GM Jason Ford is in a difficult situation here. I say this because I am certain Owner Howie Campbell made/ or is making this decision for the "team" to keep Ben Hawerchuk over Zach Magwood. Mind you, we are just spectulating here until the 2018/19 roster is announced.
Agree completely. I doubt this is a decision Ford would want to make. Here's hoping Magwood stays over Ben as I think he'll have a very good year.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Keep in mind this is the same organization that hid a player in the baggage compartment of the team bus to get over the border because he was an import and the team did not have the proper paperwork.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Keep in mind this is the same organization that hid a player in the baggage compartment of the team bus to get over the border because he was an import and the team did not have the proper paperwork.

Seriously? Is this a rumour or confirmed? I would imagine some pretty serious charges would be pending if caught.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Seriously? Is this a rumour or confirmed? I would imagine some pretty serious charges would be pending if caught.

Direct from the Colts WIKI page.

During the summer of 1999 Bert Templeton stepped down as the Barrie head coach after being behind the bench for four years. He was replaced by Bill Stewart. The 1999–2000 season was successful on the ice but had many off-ice problems. There was internal dissension centering on Ryan Barnes, Shawn Cation, Mike Jefferson and Sheldon Keefe (all four had David Frost as an agent), and Coach Bill Stewart would later be suspended by the OHL when it was found out that he smuggled an imported Russian player across the Canada–United States border in the luggage compartment of the team bus.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thanks for the quick reply and source. How does this happen with a Major Junior team, rhetorically asking? Probably there has been enough shenanagans over the years to fill a book.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Just thinking of this and suddenly remembered smuggling friends on the trunk of my 1976 Mercury Marquis, at the drive in!!! Not a major junior A player at a international border!:shakehead

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Just thinking of this and suddenly remembered smuggling friends on the trunk of my 1976 Mercury Marquis, at the drive in!!! Not a major junior A player at a international border!:shakehead

No kidding, eh? If they got caught doing that today, they'd probably deport the player back to Russia and arrest half the staff.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Very good skater with a excellent shot. Not afraid to play physical. Can be a little streaky, but I'd put that on Hawerchuk's usage of him more than his play. Been one of my favorite Colts the last 2 years.

Thank you! I went into full investigation mode and could not find anything. I'm making an assumption that he lookd to be going college route but then went CHL?

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

PuckDrop123

Nov 10, 2017
Thoughts on Tyson Foerster? Drafted in 3rd round but not commitment yet that I have seen. Think he makes the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad