Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
LePage and Schaly probably have a good shot at a forward spot. Fedak did look good but with the limited spots available it may be unlikely. Huge fan of Nate Hanley but believe he has a NCAA commitment so not sure how likely it is he signs this year. On the blue line agree regarding D'Orazio. Noah Marino could be another option. Thought he had a good day.

Schaly is signed with the Brockville Blades of the CCHL so we will have to see what happens.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
That commitment to Brockville doesn't mean much if he signs with the Colts. As for the OA situation as we all agree it should be Magwood, Murray and Chiodo. Based on Dale's prior usage of each, unfortunately I think Magwood is still the front runner.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Annual Blue and White game goes tonight at 7pm at the BMC, excited to see some of the players from camp play in a bigger and very meaningful game, to showcase one last time what they really are all about as a player to management!

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Missed the game last night. Website article said a lot of regulars weren't dressed. Can anyone who was there post which regulars didn't dress?

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Didn't anyone new impress or are all the new additions going to be 4th line players? Curious if anyone new has the potential to be a impactful player?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Tough to be a impact player at 16. But really if you look at my last post, those prospects mentioned were the ones that impressed. D'Orazio, Hanley, Piercey, Schaly, Foerster, Marino we're good. In terms of producing this year, Connor LePage may be the guy. He's a 2001 so a little more matured then the others. Real solid shot and go finish. Skates well. Piercey looks really solid. He's gonna be a good one. Foerster a little raw right now, but in the future he'll be a real strong player.

As for the regulars not playing. Off the top of my head they were Greaves, Edmonds, Tucker, Keane, Murray, Chiodo, Hawerchuk, Magwood and techincally Zhukov I guess.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Peter Fleming has been added to the colts pre-season roster. Interesting as he is the only one to be added, anyone else know any other information?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Nice to see Greaves get the shutout in his first OHL start, even if it is preseason. Bright future ahead for this guy.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
My points predictions for this upcoming season:
Forwards:
Willms: 80 points
Suzuki: 60-70
Magwood (if he plays): 70-80
Chiodo: 80-90
Brown: 50-60
Peca: 40-50
Piercy: 30-40
Hawerchuck: 30
Bignell: 30
Rhodes: 20-30
Heitzner: 20
Fleming: 10-20

Defense:
Keane: 60-70
Allensen: 40-50
Tucker: 30
Murray: 20-30
Cameron: 10-15
Hill: 15
Hadfield:10

This year on my rankings players that I think are going to have breakout years from last year will be, Brown, Rhodes, Allensen, Bignell, Suzuki. All players looked great and camp and definitely have proven in the past they can put up quality points at this level. As per this group I think Suzuki will be the number one candidate for a breakout year alongside Allensen.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
For goaltending I believe Jet Greaves and Zhukov will split the starting roles and Edmonds will be the third string goalie, kinda like Ruan Badenhurst a couple years back.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
My points predictions for this upcoming season:
Forwards:
Willms: 80 points
Suzuki: 60-70
Magwood (if he plays): 70-80
Chiodo: 80-90
Brown: 50-60
Peca: 40-50
Piercy: 30-40
Hawerchuck: 30
Bignell: 30
Rhodes: 20-30
Heitzner: 20
Fleming: 10-20

Defense:
Keane: 60-70
Allensen: 40-50
Tucker: 30
Murray: 20-30
Cameron: 10-15
Hill: 15
Hadfield:10

This year on my rankings players that I think are going to have breakout years from last year will be, Brown, Rhodes, Allensen, Bignell, Suzuki. All players looked great and camp and definitely have proven in the past they can put up quality points at this level. As per this group I think Suzuki will be the number one candidate for a breakout year alongside Allensen.

Agree with most of that. I think you'll see more production from Suzuki, Rhodes and Bignell. Little less from Willms, Brown. Overall pretty fair estimates though.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Barrie's third round pick 55th overall. Tyson Foerster has officially signed with the team as per his twitter. Foerster had 20 goals and 41 assists for the Barrie Colts minor midget AAA last season. Very skilled two way forward that is going to be a great addition to the team.

ep_8_foerster,_tyson_(32)_2018-07-06.jpg

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Barrie opens up their first home pre season game tomorrow night against the Owen Sound Attack, gonna be interesting to see if there is any lineup changes in place and hopefully to hear some new signings anytime now.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Connor Lepage has also signed with the team just no announcement yet. His instagram bio states "Barrie Colts OHL 9" Interesting

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Hard time seeing rookies without high end clout coming in beat out any vets. Most are going to be on the forth line. If Suzuki coming as highly touted as he was and given top two lines minutes all year only had 40+ points I'd be surprised to see Piercy get 40 points. Plus he's big so will likely need some time (one to two years) to grow into his body. Brown only had 15 points last year as a third year player (on mostly the forth line). Would be surprised to see him get 50+ points. Few other point totals seem high as well. Was thinking this team will need to win playing little more defensive. Can't see them being as high scoring as last year. However, time will tell. Maybe some of the players getting 2nd-4th line minutes will step with with increased ice time and surprise. Do believe if we can get solid goaltending they will once again challenge for top two spots in the division.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hard time seeing rookies without high end clout coming in beat out any vets. Most are going to be on the forth line. If Suzuki coming as highly touted as he was and given top two lines minutes all year only had 40+ points I'd be surprised to see Piercy get 40 points. Plus he's big so will likely need some time (one to two years) to grow into his body. Brown only had 15 points last year as a third year player (on mostly the forth line). Would be surprised to see him get 50+ points. Few other point totals seem high as well. Was thinking this team will need to win playing little more defensive. Can't see them being as high scoring as last year. However, time will tell. Maybe some of the players getting 2nd-4th line minutes will step with with increased ice time and surprise. Do believe if we can get solid goaltending they will once again challenge for top two spots in the division.
Brown has had many injuries that have costed him a lot of games. Brown can be an all around player if he's heathy, he can play a two way game, along with dropping the gloves once and a while. Brown is a type of player like Chiodo where if he is surrounded by other offensive players he can succeed in points. I know Brown hasn't really shown much offence in his first three seasons, but I think this year with the more ice time he's gonna get he could break out into an offensive threat for opposing teams this season.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Headed over for tonight's game between the Attack and Colts.

Any Colts fans on here that will be at the game stop by and say hi we're friendly fans.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I'm not at 50-60 points for Brown yet, but I fully agree we should see a fairly large boost in production. Skates real well now and has worked on his release. Can finish on his chances now and has shown an increased ability to make plays. Put him with a playmaker and 15 goals and 40 points isn't out of the question. More would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad