Barrie Colts 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
That is INSANE not like it really matters this year but, wow.

Pretty ridiculous, but what's new with Branch and the OHL. Multiple repeat offender Max Jones gets less for multiple cross checks to the face of a player. Maybe the colts should wear the st patricks day jerseys all year. Green seems to help.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
On the Heitzner hit, yes. Maksimovich missed the next game Sunday against Owen Sound and isn't expected to play this weekend.

Injuries do seem to be the key consideration for the league in deciding on punishment. This suggests to me that the league cares more about optics than player welfare.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
No McBain really sets things back. Unless they're absolutely sure Hughes will come. Don't take him. They really can't afford the risk. Gotta really have a strong draft overall as well, or we may be in for a long rebuild still.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Very true but we can still have a really good offseason, We can potentially be adding Svechnikov and Hughes or who ever we take, of course this would mean Svechnikov doesnt apply for residency in the states and we take him in the import draft.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Very true but we can still have a really good offseason, We can potentially be adding Svechnikov and Hughes or who ever we take, of course this would mean Svechnikov doesnt apply for residency in the states and we take him in the import draft.

That'll help soften the blow a bit. The player they get in the 2nd round becomes very important as well. Got lots of top 6 forward spots to fill yet. As for Svechnikov, now with McBain gone I'm wondering if he's the best choice. Could be a one and done deal. Colts won't be contenders till 2018-19 at the earliest.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
True will likely be a one and done. Really disappointed in our management group blew two first round picks pretty embarrassing, and not sure if this guy is a credible source but this is pretty infuriating if true that McBain was willing to sign.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
It is common for Dale to want to sign players that, never see the light of day as Ford and ownership have last say.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
True will likely be a one and done. Really disappointed in our management group blew two first round picks pretty embarrassing, and not sure if this guy is a credible source but this is pretty infuriating if true that McBain was willing to sign.

Story I heard was there was trouble getting the parents to sign off.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Colts win and Lucas Chiodo finishes the game a +4. Not bad for a 15th round draft pick.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Story I heard was there was trouble getting the parents to sign off.

Has this story been clarified? Would have been good to see McBain in the OHL and I figured when Hawerchuk picked him that he and old pal Andrew McBain would have been working together. Hopefully for the league he changes his mind and signs with Barrie.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Especially if the Colts end up taking Svechnikov in the import draft I could see McBain signing with lots of scouts watching Svechnikov, McBain can piggy back off that similar to what Dylan Strome did when McDavid was in Erie.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Has this story been clarified? Would have been good to see McBain in the OHL and I figured when Hawerchuk picked him that he and old pal Andrew McBain would have been working together. Hopefully for the league he changes his mind and signs with Barrie.

watched him last night against the Georgetown Raiders. He would not make an impact in the OHL based on that viewing. 7-1 loss and he wasnt noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad