Barrie Colts 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColtsSec113

Jul 18, 2014
Barrie,ON
It's hard being a STH this season. What makes it worse is the people sitting around me most be really confused when I chear after the visiting team scores. I know all so well being a Flyers fan that finishing 5-10 last doesn't get you Crosbys, Malkins, Ovi's, McDavids, etc. I check the standings all the time and hope for Guelph & Niagara Wins to secure last place. I'm excited at the potential quick turn around with the likes of Niznikov, Hedberg, Tucker, McBain (hopeful), 1st Overall, 1st Import & potential Lipanov decision between 2 other Imports.

It's really to bad we couldn't move Radke at deadline. I feel so bad for that kid. He has so much raw talent. His whole time in Barrie he has been to afraid to make mistakes as Hawerchuk will move him to 4th line and all along his son is taking multiple Pim's a game and sees increased ice time with not much skill at all. I'm confident if Radke would have been moved a year or two ago to another team he would have had a much better OHL career.

I'm looking forward again to seeing some high level offensive talent on the ice again after being treated the last 5 years to guys like Athanasiou, Labanc, Mange, Blandisi, Scheifele.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
For sure it has been a very tough year to be a STH only thing that has kept me entertained is watching leaf prospects if the team we are playing has any and the players that are draft eligible this summer, and also watching our rookies progress throughout the year.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
While I'm in agreement that finishing last would be ideal, it was nice to get the win last night. Nice to see them get rewarded for a complete 60 minute effort. Looking forward to having Nizhnikov back tonight. Would also like to see Propp get another start.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Looking forward to the draft I've heard that Hughes may not be fully committed to coming to the OHL, so what are everyone's thoughts on the top pick if the colts do get it. Do they;
1. Take Hughes and hope he reports. Little risky after Tortora and possibly McBain.
2. Take a player ranked a little lower such as Rees or Suzuki for example since they're more of a sure thing.

Mayday3*

Looking forward to the draft I've heard that Hughes may not be fully committed to coming to the OHL, so what are everyone's thoughts on the top pick if the colts do get it. Do they;
1. Take Hughes and hope he reports. Little risky after Tortora and possibly McBain.
2. Take a player ranked a little lower such as Rees or Suzuki for example since they're more of a sure thing.

You gotta take Hughes

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
You gotta take Hughes

Why would they take Hughes if he is not a 100% committed to reporting ?
They cannot afford to have yet another 1st rounder NOT report.

Hughes older brother did not report to Sting, and with USA hockey connections, I wouldn't bet that the Colts would get their man in this case either.

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
I saw Hughes at the game Thursday with Jason Ford and Howie Campbell and what i would guess was his agent. Im pretty sure he was doing a tour or something but, yes I think you take a risk and draft him.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I saw Hughes at the game Thursday with Jason Ford and Howie Campbell and what i would guess was his agent. Im pretty sure he was doing a tour or something but, yes I think you take a risk and draft him.

That certainly makes things more interesting.

Mayday3*

Why would they take Hughes if he is not a 100% committed to reporting ?
They cannot afford to have yet another 1st rounder NOT report.

Hughes older brother did not report to Sting, and with USA hockey connections, I wouldn't bet that the Colts would get their man in this case either.

Because he's by far the best player in this draft. Rees had a lot of talk about maybe going #1 at the beginning of the year but he hasn't had a good year. To me you gotta take Hughes at #1 because he is far and away the best player in the draft

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
its not about if he is #1, most agree he is, Colts need their pick to report, if he is not 100%......then the colts have to abort that mission and get the next best that will report.....period

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I just realized the Colts are carrying 3 goalies on their roster. What's the main reason for this as you would think one of them would have been either traded or sent down by now?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I just realized the Colts are carrying 3 goalies on their roster. What's the main reason for this as you would think one of them would have been either traded or sent down by now?

Badenhorst was playing on Orangeville most of the year. Then going into the Christmas break they gave Badenhorst a shot, I'm assuming because the goaltending has been been pretty poor most of the year. Now just seem to be rotating the 3 as none of them seem to be able to put a few consistent efforts together. Propp possibly being the strongest out of the 3.

Mayday3*

its not about if he is #1, most agree he is, Colts need their pick to report, if he is not 100%......then the colts have to abort that mission and get the next best that will report.....period

If they're not picking #1 I agree. But to me you HAVE to take the best player in the draft if you can get him. Even if he won't report you could get so much for him in a trade. And then you get 2 1st round picks the next year

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
If they're not picking #1 I agree. But to me you HAVE to take the best player in the draft if you can get him. Even if he won't report you could get so much for him in a trade. And then you get 2 1st round picks the next year

Agreed Mayday 100%

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I know North Bay had a short lineup and played bad. But that was a really nice game by the colts. Especially with Murray out of the lineup. Nizhnikov with one of his best games, and the same could be said for Hedberg. Tucker rock solid as usual. Was nice to see a big win. Now not too many more of those. Need the top pick.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Top pick or safe pick?

hey barrie fans if barrie gets first pick do they pick most likely #1 hughes marlies (brother went ncaa possibly may not show) or pick a safe one, lots more on board there that are willing to go im sure..what do you all think?

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
hey barrie fans if barrie gets first pick do they pick most likely #1 hughes marlies (brother went ncaa possibly may not show) or pick a safe one, lots more on board there that are willing to go im sure..what do you all think?

If we finish last IMO we will be picking Hughes, going first overall in the OHL has to be pretty hard to pass up but it will be very interesting.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Myself and candellacrew1989 are making the trip to barrie tonight to check out another rink on our OHL tour.. Hope to see some of u guys there.. We will be sporting the old school bulldogs jerseys from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad