Barrie Colts 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Murray was indeed signed and as an 8th rounder in the 2014 draft the Colts have a steal. With just over 3 weeks to go until main camp the signings will start to be announced....I think.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of signings..with 17 players returning I believe, there is very few spots available, and I'd expect the remaining spots to be taken up by 2014 picks such as James Allen and Magwood upfront.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The 2015 OHL draft was exactly 4 months ago today. The Colts are losing a minimum of 7 players from last years roster. I think fans are just looking to see who the 7 new replacements are going to be. The picture will be clearer in about 3 weeks.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
The 2015 OHL draft was exactly 4 months ago today. The Colts are losing a minimum of 7 players from last years roster. I think fans are just looking to see who the 7 new replacements are going to be. The picture will be clearer in about 3 weeks.

I sure hope so, but it would have been nice to at least have had any kind of comment or something to keep the fans interested. I hope their acquiesce isn't a sign of things to come.

barriecolts98

Jul 26, 2015

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
barriecolts98: You are losing the 6 guys you just mentioned + Laser = 7.

I have not mentioned the Colts having any trouble getting players to commit. Just waiting for someone to tell me the names of the new 7 players to replace the ones that have left.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
You think were gonna lose 7? ok so name the "7" that were losing just curious to see if we are talking about the same team. We are only losing Ben Harpur, Hooey, Blandisi. Bauman, Gibil, Lanbanc/Nosad (if labancs back we lose nosad) So i have no idea what you're talking about. Do you really think Barrie has trouble getting there prospects to commit one of the best ohl franchises im not worried, there just gonna be really good next year and dont have very many spots open for prospects.

Have I missed something, haven't heard anything about Bauman not returning.
If I am not mistaken, O/A's for next year that are eligible to return (doesn't mean they wiill) are: Scott, Lebanc, Nosad, Webster. Gibl, Harpur, and Bauman. So 4 of those will not be back plus the 3 O/A's from last year, that makes 7.

Pretty sure that Gibl and Harpur won't be back, and Lebanc maybe 50/50 he returns, but won't surprise me if he doesn't. Scott and Webster are all but gauranteed so that leaves Nosad or Bauman to battle for the last spot. Assuming that either wishes to return.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Question

If Lebanc does not return for his O/A year, then with the loss of Blandis, Lebanc, Hooey, Harpur, and Laser who will make up the 315 points lost.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Question

If Lebanc does not return for his O/A year, then with the loss of Blandis, Lebanc, Hooey, Harpur, and Laser who will make up the 315 points lost.

Pfft, have no fear... Nosad likely will make up over 50% of those points by himself! :sarcasm:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's official Barrie Colts 2015 CHL import draft pick, Julius Nättinen is coming to north america.

Finnish sport media announced today, Anaheim Ducks has recommend Julius play to north america upcoming season ( 2015-2016).
And learn north american game on the spot in CHL or AHL.

Last edited:

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
It's official Barrie Colts 2015 CHL import draft pick, Julius Nättinen is coming to north america.

Finnish sport media announced today, Anaheim Ducks has recommend Julius play to north america upcoming season ( 2015-2016).
And learn north american game on the spot in CHL or AHL.

Wow, this is great news for the Colts if he reports.Maybe some of the signings will start to trickle in. With a few trades this team should be a middle of road team at worst and probably a playoff contender with Blackwood leading the way.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Great to see Nattinen officially signed. Team is looking good for this season. Less than two weeks until training camp!

Colts

The Suzuki Show
Aug 20, 2015
Molson Centre
Anyone have an educated guess as to what the lineup will be next season?

The top 6 is a lock Lemieux, Scott, Mangiapane, Nattinen, Labanc (if hes back), Radke.

Then Cordell James and Kries will have the 3rd line spots for sure but i dont know whos the other 3rd liner someone such as Hawerchuk, Blacksmith who both hopefully will take the next step. Or Magwood i heard is pretty good but i havent seen him.

For the 4th line i have a feeling they will sign Willms and put him there with carbonara/Pastorious and ether Blacksmith or Hawerchuk (i dont see hawerchuk as a centerman)

Defence 1st same as last year Webster/Andersson

2nd Prophet/Kaura

3rd Murray/Gagnon

Sam Dunn will probaly sign in the next week which he will play 3rd with Murray

If anyone disagrees feel free to post you're own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad