Recalled/Assigned: Barrie back to Lake Erie

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Honestly, I'd rather give Gaunce a callup to see what he has in him at the NHL level over Barrie right now.

This team is already a complete disaster, even Barrie cant save them. I would rather Barrie stay in the AHL and get to really work on his game. But most importantly I would rather keep Barrie far away from the Clown.

Bring Gaunce up and see if his defensive game is good enough for the NHL. If its not we should ship him as well at the deadline for a pick or something.

Complete rumor and hearsay... Sacco doesn't like Gaunce or his game. From the way Gaunce has played this season in Lake Erie, he might actually be right on that one.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Call Pock up and maybe he'll have that initial push of good play and we can trade him since he is a pending UFA. :)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Honestly, I'd rather give Gaunce a callup to see what he has in him at the NHL level over Barrie right now.

This team is already a complete disaster, even Barrie cant save them. I would rather Barrie stay in the AHL and get to really work on his game. But most importantly I would rather keep Barrie far away from the Clown.

Bring Gaunce up and see if his defensive game is good enough for the NHL. If its not we should ship him as well at the deadline for a pick or something.

The last thing we need is to make a slow defense even slower. I'm not opposed to calling Gaunce up, but O'Byrne and Zanon need to be gone in order to do so. And not instead of Barrie. Barrie can work on his game here just fine.

One thing about Sacco--young players seem to develop just fine under him, so I don't think any added exposure to his general incompetence will make things any worse.

One very potentially upsetting thing that Chambers brought up: Did ownership/management decree the demotion of Barrie for financial purposes? God, I hope not. I don't think that's the case per se since if they really wanted to save $$$, they could just flip O'Byrne for a 7th rounder or something.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The last thing we need is to make a slow defense even slower. I'm not opposed to calling Gaunce up, but O'Byrne and Zanon need to be gone in order to do so. And not instead of Barrie. Barrie can work on his game here just fine.

One thing about Sacco--young players seem to develop just fine under him, so I don't think any added exposure to his general incompetence will make things any worse.

One very potentially upsetting thing that Chambers brought up: Did ownership/management decree the demotion of Barrie for financial purposes? God, I hope not. I don't think that's the case per se since if they really wanted to save $$$, they could just flip O'Byrne for a 7th rounder or something.

It doesn't matter anymore for this season though. Its a lost cause at this point, might as well see what we have in some of our prospects before next year. Gaunce isn't a terrible skater from what I've read, he would be better then Zanon and Obyrne at least.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I sincerely hoped it would be Pöck when I heard it wasn't Barrie.
What is Elliott doing here?
Is Sacco drooling for the Hunwick-Elliott pairing?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It doesn't matter anymore for this season though. Its a lost cause at this point, might as well see what we have in some of our prospects before next year. Gaunce isn't a terrible skater from what I've read, he would be better then Zanon and Obyrne at least.

And hes gonna be hungry to try to stick with the team. I want hungry hockey players on my team not lazy dumb ***** like Greg freakin Zanon

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
Elliott called up while Barrie stays in the AHL :laugh:

5532370698_d0d991b175.jpg

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

From what I understand his skating hasn't looked adequate even by AHL standards. Whatever the reason, this season has been a major step back for him--no reason whatsoever to call him up when he's not even the best defenseman for the Monsters at present. At the rate things are going I think even Gabriel freakin' Beaupre will get a callup before Gaunce does.

And while I agree he might be better than Zanon/O'Byrne, I still say you gotta get rid of one or both of those guys before you even think about calling up Gaunce.

And as I type this...Stefan Elliott is the annonced callup. Huh.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
And hes gonna be hungry to try to stick with the team. I want hungry hockey players on my team not lazy dumb ***** like Greg freakin Zanon

To be honest, Greg Zanon is many things, lazy isn't one of them.

And that's the problem with Sacco. He looks at how hard a player is working out there, how scrappy and how much he sacrifices for the team, and he rewards that effort, even if said player is doing nothing but making terrible plays and is a clear liability. That's why Hunwick is his golden boy and he seemingly, stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that in the end you gotta play your best players in order to win, not your most hard-working ones.

Zanon's a good guy no doubt--always heard nothing but good things about his presence in the locker room and his work ethic. But there comes a time when a player's window of opportunity closes, when his ability seemingly leaves him with age. With marginal NHLers, that window closes that much quicker. Greg Zanon's window closed a while back--he's simply not an NHL player anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad