Recalled/Assigned: Barrie back to Lake Erie

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Coaches love to play safe veterans. Carlyle has the same thing going on with Gardiner.

Sacco is probably feeling the heat a bit.

member 116861

I would post my thoughts but I don't want to get banned.

:rant:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It's better than him sitting in the press box but WTF! Continue to play bums like O'Byrne and Hunwick but send Barrie to the AHL?

Absolutely insane. But, at least he'll be playing lots of minutes.

I don't remember who it was, but someone brought up the point that it's possible that Sacco isn't calling the shots, re: who plays and who doesn't, and that perhaps someone is covering for someone else's ass, and playing the guys they signed this offseason.

I don't want to take conspiracy theory to silly levels, but I'm beginning to wonder. I mean, come on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wow that is dumb! The kid is just getting established and gaining some confidence then you do this. Time to get rid of some of the 1 way contracts on the backend to make room for him.

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
This is just crazy...... Barrie was our best Dman when Johnson and Wilson was out. Don't get this at all, makes us a worst team.

#FireSacco

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
GMs send the players down, not coaches, right?

Yeah but it's usually based on the Coaches/Teams needs/decisions.

It's clearly Sacco, seeing as he looked into the media cameras and stated that he benched Barrie because he felt that his play dropped off the last couple of games.

On another note, is Elliott back in LE? I don't remember seeing anything about him being sent down.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would post my thoughts but I don't want to get banned.

:rant:

RL give this guy a 10 pointer!

Actually if it possible, could you just give Sacco the full 20-25 points. Seriously going from a top 3 defenseman + scratched -> demoted through chemical reaction by dehydration synthesis, is ****.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Absolutely insane. But, at least he'll be playing lots of minutes.

I don't remember who it was, but someone brought up the point that it's possible that Sacco isn't calling the shots, re: who plays and who doesn't, and that perhaps someone is covering for someone else's ass, and playing the guys they signed this offseason.

I don't want to take conspiracy theory to silly levels, but I'm beginning to wonder. I mean, come on.

Could be the case. Sacco is dumb but even he must be able to see that Barrie is a better option than Hunwick and O'Byrne. Those two make more mistakes than Barrie.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Just saw a tweet about this.

The words going through my mind that I want to say would get me in trouble...I want to gather a mob with torches and pitchforks and make our way to pepsi center.

FIRE SACCO

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Sherman kept him up there would be no guarantee that Sacco would play him. Better to have him playing than eating nachos.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So stupid but least he won't be in the press box. Move one or 3 of the idiots on d at the deadline and recall the kid. Kid played superb after his initial scratch and how does he get rewarded? One way trip to Cleveland

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
With everyone healthy on D, and Barrie being on a two-way contract I'm not surprised at this move.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hunwick/O'Byrne/O'Brien have all played better lately, so it's not the end of the world, even if Barrie has earned the right to play over those guys.

Hopefully Avs are trying to showcase these three and look to trade one of them before the deadline to make room.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
This is strictly because of all the one-way contracts we have at defense. Better this than him sitting on the bench. I imagine we'll move 1 or 2 at the deadline or during the off-season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hunwick/O'Byrne/O'Brien have all played better lately, so it's not the end of the world, even if Barrie has earned the right to play over those guys.

Hopefully Avs are trying to showcase these three and look to trade one of them before the deadline to make room.

There will be a market for ROB at the very least. An upcoming UFA that can log 15-18 minutes, play physical, and is a right shot should be decently valuable in the next few weeks (3rd round pick).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad