Proposal: Barrie and Kapanen for Larsson and Puljujärvi

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I think this could benefit both teams. Edm defence has looked fine without larsson and still need a top offensive dman. Barrie has not been a good fit and the leafs need a reliable defensive dman much more than Barrie. Kapanen would be a great fit on Edmonton’s first line or would give their 2nd line some much needed speed. Could see Puljujärvi being a good fit with Marner and JT

A hockey IQ challenged bust of a pick and a second pairing RHD is not worth Barrie who yea is having a down year and a very capable KK who has speed for days and plays PK. Likely to put 40-50 points. KK is exactly the type of player we need on the TML.

My counter is this. Larsson and your first for Barrie and AJ.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Due to cap would likely need to be something like;

Barrie + Petan + Kapanen

for

Larsson + Benning + Puljujarvi

With any pick/prospects included as needed.

That's even worse for the Oilers. Petan is waiver junk and Benning is actually a good bottom-pairing RHD. You need to take back Manning.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Based on what?

Oh... Ok.

If you think the Oilers are contending this season I have a bridge to sell you... it's nice to be winning but in the playoffs the PP advantage goes away and I have no faith the bottom-6 would score a single goal even if they made the SC finals.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
A hockey IQ challenged bust of a pick and a second pairing RHD is not worth Barrie who yea is having a down year and a very capable KK who has speed for days and plays PK. Likely to put 40-50 points. KK is exactly the type of player we need on the TML.

Barrie is a rental who is having a down year. He's not worth very much. KK is the most valuable piece from the Leafs and he's just an elite 3rd liner.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
If you think the Oilers are contending this season I have a bridge to sell you... it's nice to be winning but in the playoffs the PP advantage goes away and I have no faith the bottom-6 would score a single goal even if they made the SC finals.
Yea, but with how McDrai are playing, might as well strike while the iron is hot.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Whoa.. do you really think that? I don't believe you're going to find a whole lot of fans outside of Toronto who see things that way.

Toronto fan here and I go for this deal.

I realise that Barrie's value is damaged right now and am willing to take less than what he was worth three months ago because a) Babcock doesn't appear to be going anywhere and B) He walks in july for nothing.

Larsson isn't "exactly" what we need but he will do.

Kapanen for Puju-Obviously this secondary piece is a gamble for the Leafs but it opens up some salary. I like Kapanen but if this secondary part is necessary to make the deal I say go for it.

Call up glasses get him to write it up....after he spends four days on the analytics only to axe the deal.

Reactions: TopCheese

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010

No way the Oil go for this. I think you are overvaluing Barrie here. Guys having off years don't get top whack on the trade market

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Good deal.

Barrie will light it up with McDavid/Drai. KK is a nice winger that can play defense. Leafs get salary relief and Larsson is the DMan they really needed. Poolparty is an unknown and could rebound with the strong Leaf Cs. He's having a nice bounce back in EU, so maybe a change is needed.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Toronto fan here and I go for this deal.

I realise that Barrie's value is damaged right now and am willing to take less than what he was worth three months ago because a) Babcock doesn't appear to be going anywhere and B) He walks in july for nothing.

Larsson isn't "exactly" what we need but he will do.

Kapanen for Puju-Obviously this secondary piece is a gamble for the Leafs but it opens up some salary. I like Kapanen but if this secondary part is necessary to make the deal I say go for it.

Call up glasses get him to write it up....after he spends four days on the analytics only to axe the deal.
Kap for Puljujarvi is an absolute joke of a trade for Toronto....

People saying Barrie has no value after a poor start to the season on a new team yet we are acting like Puljujarvi has any value lol....

Reactions: TheTang58

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers need a Larsson more than they need a Barrie. The same goes for the Leafs who traded a Kadri for a Barrie for some reason.

Reactions: voxel

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Barrie is a rental who is having a down year. He's not worth very much. KK is the most valuable piece from the Leafs and he's just an elite 3rd liner.

well as much as everyone and I mean everyone has S#%* on Larsson and Poolparty you seem to think they are worth a ton.

Don’t like it too bad we ain’t giving a 60 point offensive D man and a elite 3rd liner for what 1.5 years of Larsson and as already mentioned a bust of a prospect.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
So we downgrade at both positions for what reason again?

Idc how bad Barrie's been under Babs, I'd rather his potential than white rice Larsson.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Whoa.. do you really think that? I don't believe you're going to find a whole lot of fans outside of Toronto who see things that way.

Puljujarvi is useless to Toronto, hes not even in North America let alone the NHL. Barrie is a better player than Larsson. Barrie is a ufa but has a $2.75M cap hit. I would never trade Kapanen if the best dman coming back is Larsson, I dont even understand how people think him and Barrie only brings back Larsson. Maybe Bracco + Barrie for Larsson is a deal I would do. But im not goving up 2 roster players just for Larsson.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Kapanen/Andersson wont be nearly as productive in Edmonton as they're getting minutes with either Tavares or Matthew's.
Barrie is playing like crap and will be gone at the end of the season(whereas Larsson is cheap for another season) Guess what the Oilers will be overpaying for this summer? A top 4 RHD.....
I'd much rather see Larsson with Tippets system and see if he can regain his 16/17 form.

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Benning

Is just fine for me

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
the fact that there are fans of both teams that like and dislike the trade shows that it is relatively even. Lets get it done!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It doesn't have to be Gagner. Another player makes the same, but you kinda want to send Gagner. Like the Leafs could take Nurse cap were your only reason for the Leafs taking Gagner.

Could take the Nurse cap? Lol Nurse isn’t a cap hit. Nurse is a good D man, zero chance he goes to the Leafs.

Nurse would be your best or second best D man.

Reilly has played like trash this year but based on past performances he’s the only one who is maybe ahead of Nurse on the Leafs.

Nurse can actually defend with physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad