Proposal: Barrie and Kapanen for Larsson and Puljujärvi

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
I think this could benefit both teams. Edm defence has looked fine without larsson and still need a top offensive dman. Barrie has not been a good fit and the leafs need a reliable defensive dman much more than Barrie. Kapanen would be a great fit on Edmonton’s first line or would give their 2nd line some much needed speed. Could see Puljujärvi being a good fit with Marner and JT

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Love Kap, hate Barrie. I would personally say no but I'm sure some Oilers fans would say yes. Overall decent.

I would be hesitant to add the $ that Barrie would ask for when we have some guys in the pipeline that could soon take over "his" role. Kapanen is a player I really want though.

Larsson would really help the Leaves and Jesse may or may not be a decent Kap replacement.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Not high on Barrie. If you would have asked two seasons ago, then maybe? Right now it seems we've found ourselves a solution through the draft.

Kapanen would be a nice add indeed. Are you willing to only move him in a trade?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not high on Barrie. If you would have asked two seasons ago, then maybe? Right now it seems we've found ourselves a solution through the draft.

Kapanen would be a nice add indeed. Are you willing to only move him in a trade?
For Larsson and Puljujarvi?

Reactions: teddygmr

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Can’t afford the hit. TOR would need to take Gagner.
It doesn't have to be Gagner. Another player makes the same, but you kinda want to send Gagner. Like the Leafs could take Nurse cap were your only reason for the Leafs taking Gagner.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It doesn't have to be Gagner. Another player makes the same, but you kinda want to send Gagner. Like the Leafs could take Nurse cap were your only reason for the Leafs taking Gagner.
What? Where is Nurse coming from?
Kapanen + Barrie = 6M
Larsson makes 4.1M and Pulju isn't against Oil cap.
Adding Gagner would put TML over the cap so it would have to be a Chiasson, Manning or Benning from Oilers to make the cap work.

Kapanen+Barrie+Spezza (~7M)
For
Larsson+Puljujarvi+ Chiasson(~7M)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
What? Where is Nurse coming from?
Kapanen + Barrie = 6M
Larsson makes 4.1M and Pulju isn't against Oil cap.
Adding Gagner would put TML over the cap so it would have to be a Chiasson, Manning or Benning from Oilers to make the cap work.

Kapanen+Barrie+Spezza (~7M)
For
Larsson+Puljujarvi+ Chiasson(~7M)
We can put Marnner on retro-active LTIR . I just mentioned Nurse because the other poster said we would have to take Gagner to make the Cap work , and I was kinda joking that we could take Nurse if Cap was the only issue-I didn't really think it was.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013

Nurse is not a cap dump and definitely not available

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Hmmm. I don't know.
This isn't horrible.
But I feel like Barrie is better than he's playing right now.
I'd rather get a new coach in and see what he can do between now and the TDL.

Losing Kapanen is a big loss, but securing a RHD that isn't a UFA is worth it.
I'm not see Larsson is that RHD we need, though.

I probably wouldn't do it.
Maybe Barrie for Larsson is closer maybe

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Value is close , but the leafs are in win now mode (despite their early struggles) and trading 2 NHL players for 1 doesn’t make sense

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Hmmm. I don't know.
This isn't horrible.
But I feel like Barrie is better than he's playing right now.
I'd rather get a new coach in and see what he can do between now and the TDL.

Losing Kapanen is a big loss, but securing a RHD that isn't a UFA is worth it.
I'm not see Larsson is that RHD we need, though.

I probably wouldn't do it.
Maybe Barrie for Larsson is closer maybe
Maybe not horrible, but awful close to it.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Meh..

Yes to Kapanen... bleh to Barrie. Overall seems like a win-now move for the Oilers who really aren't contending this season (too much dead cap hit)

Oilers have enough mobile puck movers this season so this trade would have been awesome in years past. Tippett doesn't seem to like one-dimensional D and keeps benching Persson so I have no idea what he will think of Barrie.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
i can see an argument for larsson and kapanen but barrie is quite a bit more valuable then jp imo. i dont think the leafs would be rushing to dump barrie, especially at his cap hit for this season.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
i can see an argument for larsson and kapanen but barrie is quite a bit more valuable then jp imo. i dont think the leafs would be rushing to dump barrie, especially at his cap hit for this season.

I am not huge fan of this deal. Edmonton doesn't have to make a move, and if they did is this the kind of trade they should make? I dunno, perhaps I am being a bit unfair because of Barrie's slow start and pending UFA status. Kapanen is okay but I think Larsson as a RHD and signed to a good contract is worth more. Just my opinion though.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Remember the Oilers are only getting 50 odd games of Barrie so thats actually pretty poor value for JP.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Due to cap would likely need to be something like;

Barrie + Petan + Kapanen

for

Larsson + Benning + Puljujarvi

With any pick/prospects included as needed.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
verall seems like a win-now move for the Oilers who really aren't contending this season
Based on what?
(too much dead cap hit)
Oh... Ok.
cheryl-cole.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad