Prospect Info: Barrett Hayton - What's the deal?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I had doubts when he was sent back to Tucson and failed to produce results. I'm happy that I was wrong, and I have to give credit to Bear and the coaching staff. They are bringing out the best in our players...even Kassian. :help:
It's insane to see how much better each player is under Bear. Schmaltz is another big one, I hated watching him play under Tocchet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Playing with Keller obviously has helped Hayton but I think now it doesn’t matter who he is playing with . It seems he is really coming together
Confidence. Hayton was playing well but not putting up numbers, so when Boyd stumbled AT put Hayton in his spot, and with Kellers and Schmaltz's play Hayton's confidence skyrocketed. Give the kid credit, and AT.

Still a 4th liner. Always will be. No way he ever proves me wrong.
He already has.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Hayton is certainly playing really well, that pass he made to Keller was the type of play "really good to great" players make. Let's all hope we get the "great" version rather than just the "really good" version.

Of course at this stage, we all thought he was going to be average player or less, but he's proven us all wrong. Which is great for Hayton, the Organization and the fans.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hayton clearly benefit in production from playing with Keller and Schmaltz, he isn't driving the play but you can't deny his point production and improvement. Strome was producing when playing with Kane and/or Dcat but his D play was aweful. The difference is that Hayton is solid on D and has been taking tougher assignments.

Being a 1C/2C takes time, just like a top pairing D, Hayton is getting there. Its tougher to break into those spots, unlike a winger, much easier position to improve, look at Crouse/Garland/Bunting/Macceli/keller/Schmaltz. Getting or developing good wingers is not that hard to do, but getting 1C/2C/top pairing D is much harder, we might have one now in Hayton.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hayton is certainly playing really well, that pass he made to Keller was the type of play "really good to great" players make. Let's all hope we get the "great" version rather than just the "really good" version.

Of course at this stage, we all thought he was going to be average player or less, but he's proven us all wrong. Which is great for Hayton, the Organization and the fans.
AHEM….. us ALL?

Reactions: Prarievarg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is why I like the Geekie pick. He shows so much upside. Tocchet would ruin him but Bear could help him hit his ceiling.
Geekie is so frustrating. I thought he played like shit the other night and he puts up 2 points. Two weeks ago he had an amazing game. No points.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
well, he's proven me wrong. Also, pretty sure there were more that felt he was a bust than those that still believed he could be something. Of course, I'm wrong a lot, so it could have been just me. :)
No, I think you’re right….. about those that were wrong. :nod:
It just wasn’t “all.”

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Got to say it, AT is a keeper
Not sure I want to write this but I think I heard last night that Bear's contract expires this summer. With the recognition he's getting do you think there will be any financial problems keeping him?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
AT told management that Hayton would hit 40 points this season. Amazing. Love that he is communicating goals and expectations with the management group.

Not sure I want to write this but I think I heard last night that Bear's contract expires this summer. With the recognition he's getting do you think there will be any financial problems keeping him?

You heard wrong. He's here through next season.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
AT told management that Hayton would hit 40 points this season. Amazing. Love that he is communicating goals and expectations with the management group.

You heard wrong. He's here through next season.
Excellent, I must have not paid good attention during broadcast.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We now have 3 legit RW. in Guenther, Macceli and Schmaltz.
Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Janik - Geekie - Macceli
Carcone - McBain - Smith
I dropped Macceli to third line because Cooley has more than enough dangle for 1 line. Macceli has a brute force in Geekie to dangle for.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We now have 3 legit RW. in Guenther, Macceli and Schmaltz.
Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Janik - Geekie - Macceli
Carcone - McBain - Smith
I dropped Macceli to third line because Cooley has more than enough dangle for 1 line. Macceli has a brute force in Geekie to dangle for.
Better draft Benson and Barlow to shore up that LW depth? ;)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad