Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Dr. Sanchez how has Gambrell looked in the A since his latest recall? I know it's the Ducks, but I thought yesterday was one of his better pro games and he does always seem to improve every time he goes down. Appreciate the response.

When he first got sent down he was a little rough. First few games you didn't notice him at all. Then the last few weeks he got right back into his groove from last season. Three different multi-point games in the span of a couple weeks. When he's on, which he has been, he's probably the Barracuda's top offensive player.

That was true last year too, though, that's the thing. It's the same sort of situation as when Sorensen started on the team: The first two years, lots of AHL production but not a lot of that translating to the NHL. I don't think Gambrell's going to grow any more down in the AHL, but it'll be a good place to send him if he needs to get his confidence going again. It'd be great if he starts to show some NHL progress right now, but I think next year is when he really might start to show something.

Reactions: themelkman

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
In ex-Barracuda news, Emerson Clark has been suspended 16 games for this chaos in the ECHL:

He was one of the most entertaining guys the Barracuda had during his time in San Jose, but my god did he have a screw loose.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Ouch, Barracuda really aren't doing very well this season.

It's almost been a full calendar month since their last win (January 17th). It's pretty staggering how far behind they now are.

standings.PNG

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Anyone know if the Barracuda are playing same systems as the Sharks? Maybe they aren't suited to agressive pressure system?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I know Jeremy Roy was injured for part of the season but he is a team leading +10 in 25 games. Only 5 points but I am curious about how he has looked this season?

He looks fine. He had flashes where he looked very good earlier in the season, but he hasn't stood out among a very mediocre group of defensemen. He's solid, but he hasn't done anything that'll wow you.

The more worrying thing is he's become the odd man out almost half the time lately. He's played in around half of the team's games over the span of the last month. It's a bit undeserved, but there isn't anyone on the blueline that I'd point at and say "Jeremy Roy should be playing over that guy." I'd rather they play 7D lately, considering how thin the forward group has been with all the callups. Given that Roy's an RFA at the end of the season, it's not a great trend.

Reactions: themelkman

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Anyone know if the Barracuda are playing same systems as the Sharks? Maybe they aren't suited to agressive pressure system?

I just don't think it's system related. They look competitive most nights, and better structured than they did previously after they did move to a different system. Last night they even outshot Stockton 41-18, and Stockton's a very good team this season.

There's not a ton of high-end talent, at least not any that's playing consistently well, on the team, and it's a young, inexperienced group, too. Post-trade deadline maybe they'll have a different look, but this season is getting to be a lost cause.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He looks fine. He had flashes where he looked very good earlier in the season, but he hasn't stood out among a very mediocre group of defensemen. He's solid, but he hasn't done anything that'll wow you.

The more worrying thing is he's become the odd man out almost half the time lately. He's played in around half of the team's games over the span of the last month. It's a bit undeserved, but there isn't anyone on the blueline that I'd point at and say "Jeremy Roy should be playing over that guy." I'd rather they play 7D lately, considering how thin the forward group has been with all the callups. Given that Roy's an RFA at the end of the season, it's not a great trend.

Man, that is disappointing. I had such high hopes for him.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I just don't think it's system related. They look competitive most nights, and better structured than they did previously after they did move to a different system. Last night they even outshot Stockton 41-18, and Stockton's a very good team this season.

There's not a ton of high-end talent, at least not any that's playing consistently well, on the team, and it's a young, inexperienced group, too. Post-trade deadline maybe they'll have a different look, but this season is getting to be a lost cause.
Dang, that is a real bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad