Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Couple quotes from Bonneau on the two guys that seem to get asked about most.

Chekhovich is starting to come around a bit, but he's still a ways off the level I think most were expecting out of him. Kind of a write-off of a year for him, I'm just hoping he keeps his upward momentum going into next season.

I guess Roy is a forward now? He's not awful at it. It's just bizarre.

Last edited:

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
Couple quotes from Bonneau on the two guys that seem to get asked about most.

Chekhovich is starting to come around a bit, but he's still a ways off the level I think most were expecting out of him. Kind of a write-off of a year for him, I'm just hoping he keeps his upward momentum going into next season.

I guess Roy is a forward now? He's not awful at it. It's just bizarre.

How is Roys skating?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
How is Roys skating?
He was known to be an average skater before his knee injuries. Expect he is about the same.

The thing that interests me is how Carrick's stats look. He had a really slow start to the season but now is 2nd in points (19) by D only behind Gregoire (23). Also, Carrick is a team leading +13 in +/-. Gregoire on the other hand is a -3.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Carrick looks like the best defenseman on the Cuda to me. I’m not sure why Middleton gets called up ahead of him. Roy looked slow, but like I posted earlier, he was a hesitant and I’m not sure how much that played into him looking slow.

Reactions: themelkman

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Yurtaykin got injured on a ridiculous hit from Ryan Stanton tonight. Stanton charged in, left his feet and drilled him. Right in front of the official with no call. Jaw-droppingly awful officiating tonight all around.

Keaton also picked up an injury of some kind which I couldn't figure out. Skated on his own to the locker room twice and stayed back there for the third.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Yurtaykin got injured on a ridiculous hit from Ryan Stanton tonight. Stanton charged in, left his feet and drilled him. Right in front of the official with no call. Jaw-droppingly awful officiating tonight all around.

Keaton also picked up an injury of some kind which I couldn't figure out. Skated on his own to the locker room twice and stayed back there for the third.

That no call on Stanton was horrible. Both referees had a rough night. Who knew Dan Kelly would retire and find something he sucked at more than hockey... :/ And, can't let the linesmen off the hook either. They were awful. The one icing call where the Barracuda player had at least 6 feet on the Reign player was SO bad. I think he closed his eyes when the players skated by and guessed who was going to make it first.

Cuda had opportunities to go up early. Heeled a couple, and the goaltender made a couple of good saves. It could have easily been 2 or 3 nothing in our favor in the first 7 or 8 minutes, I thought.

Reactions: Hobocop

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do you guys think Yurtaikin could be a decent NHLer eventually, or is he just an AHL/NHL tweener?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Do you guys think Yurtaikin could be a decent NHLer eventually, or is he just an AHL/NHL tweener?
I see nothing in him that makes me think he will stick which probably means he plays too 4 minutes for the send in a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad