Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Are these AHL games televised? like on the AHLtv app thing?

edit: AHLtv app says yes!

Looks like no pre-season games.

Last edited:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
He's non-roster but I don't know the particulars as to what rules they're playing with but my guess is this essentially a conditioning assignment type of thing given his status.
Yup. Capfriedly shows Balcers was activated from non-roster the sent out on a conditioning loan. The Sharks also did a bunch more minor type moves.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

News anchor in LV says Barracuda player tested positive.

I really have to know how two periods of hockey are played before the test results come back. That doesn't seem like a useful process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

News anchor in LV says Barracuda player tested positive.

I really have to know how two periods of hockey are played before that's picked up. That doesn't seem like a useful process.

I think everyone gets tested on a regular basis, but they do not require all tests to be completed with a "negative" result prior to game time.

That does seem silly to me, particularly since we know that not everyone just gets through covid easily - baseball player Eduardo Rodriguez missed the entire 2020 season with complications from covid, and apparently Marco Rossi had to go back to Austria to rest and recover with family. I'm sure there are several other known examples.

Really, all players should be tested and require a negative test result prior to game time, but the logistics required would be onerous.

Regardless, that's going to put a crimp on both the Barracuda and (probably) Sharks' seasons for a couple weeks. Expect delays.

Reactions: Hobocop

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I think everyone gets tested on a regular basis, but they do not require all tests to be completed with a "negative" result prior to game time.

That does seem silly to me, particularly since we know that not everyone just gets through covid easily - baseball player Eduardo Rodriguez missed the entire 2020 season with complications from covid, and apparently Marco Rossi had to go back to Austria to rest and recover with family. I'm sure there are several other known examples.

Really, all players should be tested and require a negative test result prior to game time, but the logistics required would be onerous.

Regardless, that's going to put a crimp on both the Barracuda and (probably) Sharks' seasons for a couple weeks. Expect delays.

Yeah, it's absolutely silly, and the optics of this are terrible. Definitely makes things a lot more complicated, since the taxi squad was down here getting an extra game in too.

I would guess the final Cuda preseason game (Feb. 1) is out, probably with the phrase "abundance of caution" thrown in there, but the Sharks and Barracuda both don't play again after that until Friday. Hopefully that's long enough to get this sorted out.

Reactions: themelkman

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

60 minutes did a segment in November on the "Covid Long Haulers". There's a renowned NYC clinic working with folks from around the world. Lots of respiratory issues and more concerning symptoms.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

60 minutes did a segment in November on the "Covid Long Haulers". There's a renowned NYC clinic working with folks from around the world. Lots of respiratory issues and more concerning symptoms.

Such an odd disease. So very few people who get it have bad outcomes. But even recovery for those folks is no real solace as, of those who end up being hospitalized/recover, ~12% of them end up dying within 140 days from downstream impacts of the disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad