Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Tough way to lose that. Team played very well. I know it's only one game, but I like how Melnichuk looks in net. His positioning is excellent, he didn't have a chance at that one he gave up in the second.

Leonard's goal:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
How’d Merkley look?

This won't be a welcome comparison nowadays, but he reminded me a little of how Erik Karlsson looks in the Sharks offense. Great vision and creativity, fired off these random passes that the recipients got more surprised by than anything else.

End of the game came when someone passed back to him in OT, but it hopped over his stick and he couldn't get back to stop the Tucson forward that picked it up. Just kind of a fluky bounce more than anything, it seemed like.

His defense looked fine, though. On the whole, the defense did a good job really.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
This won't be a welcome comparison nowadays, but he reminded me a little of how Erik Karlsson looks in the Sharks offense. Great vision and creativity, fired off these random passes that the recipients got more surprised by than anything else.

End of the game came when someone passed back to him in OT, but it hopped over his stick and he couldn't get back to stop the Tucson forward that picked it up. Just kind of a fluky bounce more than anything, it seemed like.

His defense looked fine, though. On the whole, the defense did a good job really.

I really don't hate an Erik Karlsson comparison, frankly. In some ways, I think half our guys still don't know how to play with EK. I don't mind having another one in the system...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I really don't hate an Erik Karlsson comparison, frankly. In some ways, I think half our guys still don't know how to play with EK. I don't mind having another one in the system...

Considering most of our organization's talent doesn't seem to be great handlers of the puck to begin with, this isn't altogether unsurprising.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Currently 4-2 Tucson, second intermission. Goals from Blichfeld and True (on a redirect from a Paschinuk point shot)

Sloppy game compared to yesterday.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad