Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Have the Sharks moved away from Allen Americans as their ECHL affiliate? The Americans announced they are revealing their NHL affiliate tomorrow at 1pm CT. They haven't done that in years past, which has me scared that the Sharks and Americans affiliation has ended, which would really suck since I live so close to Allen. Anyone know?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
ECHL forum has indicated that Sharks are not re-upping with Allen.

Will they even have an affiliate? Who knows (except DW et al).

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
ECHL forum has indicated that Sharks are not re-upping with Allen.

Will they even have an affiliate? Who knows (except DW et al).

Where in ECHL forum do you specifically see that it is the Sharks who are not re upping with Allen (as opposed to Allen seeking to be another NHL teams affiliate)?

I see in the ECHL forum there was an Americans blogger who thought Allen would seek a different affiliation.

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Well, it is now official. The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild. As mentioned, really sucks for us who live in the DFW area as we immensely enjoyed having a Sharks affiliated team in this area, and literally 10-15 minutes from my house.

All indications now through my research are that the Allen Americans decided to end the relationship with the Sharks after the contract ended with this past season, and not vice versa, so I take some comfort in knowing that it wasn't the Sharks who screwed us, but a Dallas area team LOL. Always felt weird cheering for a pro team here. (Cheering for our local HS here doesn't feel weird, especially now that we have a daughter there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad