Confirmed with Link: Barkov Named Captain

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
LeBron was speeding on Interstate 71, not downtown Cleveland. The risk of killing someone at such speeds is very real in built-up areas and Barkov either was too stupid to realize that or just didn't care. Neither reflects well on his personality.

You're right, Barkov is a terrible person. Luckily, there are lots of terrible people in the NHL.

Just in case you don't want to click the blue words, here you go:

During an interview in July 2008, the Washington Capitals star admitted that he once got caught doing 165 mph—not far from the White House, no less!—because he was "late to the team's training." Amazingly, though, he didn't get a ticket, because, according to him, the police recognized him and let him go with a warning. However, in the same interview, he also admitted that he has received several tickets in the U.S., though he didn't specify how much they have cost him. He even said in an ESPN E:60 segment to doing 180 in his SL 65 AMG once. From the sound of things, he's incapable of doing the speed limit.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
LeBron was speeding on Interstate 71, not downtown Cleveland. The risk of killing someone at such speeds is very real in built-up areas and Barkov either was too stupid to realize that or just didn't care. Neither reflects well on his personality.

And going 165 MPH by the White House is so much safer?

:laugh:

I hate terrible drivers as much as the next person. In fact, nothing RAGES me more.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I got a speeding ticket for being late for an exam, doesnt mean I have character issues.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Thanks for the good laugh buddy...

I'll pretend you lost someone because of a car accident, that'll give you an excuse and help me understand a bit.

Now you can go on and celebrate your good-life.

We'll go on and celebrate our captain on our board if you don't mind ! ;)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think driving 65 mph in town is also a character issue, a young kid with too much money leading to reckless behavior.

Sorry my own record is 80 km/h in Town 2 Am no one on the Streets.
Why i should drive 50 km/h if i know only StrayCats and Rabbit crossing the Street at that Time.
Anyone drives a bit faster when he good and its possible from the Streets. For me showing this more, that he is still a Human and du things normal Human also do. After apologize before he doing anything and find excuse to what anyone do and no one talk about.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Ok that C is nice for Barkov. Enough of that. Go win some games. Show the league that there’s more to good hockey than Matthews, Tavares, McDavid and Crosby. Remember what the no-name Knights did...with our rejects...

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It was not on a highway though, but in a crossing on Ponsantie in Kangasala. That's why there was a criminal case against him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It was not on a highway though, but in a crossing on Ponsantie in Kangasala. That's why there was a criminal case against him.
"was caught speeding on kantatie 58", that's a Finnish highway. I don't care if it was on a crossing or not, the highway doesn't magically end because of a crossing. Also that wasn't the only reason why it could've gone to court, the main thing is that he did 105 in a 60 zone.

Anyway this has literally nothing to do with him being named captain. I'm sure you could poll all 31 teams and most of their captains (/ main alternative) would have a driving offense of some sort under their name. We make mistakes and that's what makes us human.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It has everything to do with him being called the perfect off-the-ice character which he clearly is not.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It has everything to do with him being called the perfect off-the-ice character which he clearly is not.

Glass house man.

Not one captain on this earth has perfect off ice character. Get over it. Your not perfect. He isnt perfect. No one is.

It's just a cliche'd sports line and you are blowing it way out of proportion. It's speeding, not domestic abuse.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Very happy that he got the C. I didn’t think he’d be the one to get it because of how low key he is, but in retrospect why wouldn’t he get it? The whole team looks up to him and he’s a force every time he steps on the ice.

Sasha seems like the type of guy who won’t be over-dramatic. When he talks he seems like he’s level-headed and understanding. That’s the kind of leadership we want, especially out of a young guy.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Para

Sep 18, 2018
Hamburg
Hi Panthers fan from Germany here.
I am very happy with the naming of Barkov to be the panthers captain.

First i thought Trocheck will be our next captain. And i hope they spoke to him, before the gave Barkov the "C".

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad