Confirmed with Link: Barkov Named Captain

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Its just been another notch into a great offseason for the team. There is a feeling going around about this team, it just feels different from years past.

Barkov as the captain gives the team more credibility& stability, and will help to sell the team to fans, and for NHL and to sell the team to UFA's/trade targets moving forward.

Barkov is about the perfect hockey player you could want, on the ice and off the ice.

Reactions: Skeletorrr

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Wow, great news. Also will probably get Sasha out of his shy comfort zone. Finally pre-game faceoff pictures with the blessed one.

-ghoste

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Doesnt sound like something Mack would say, and the wording looks like something that would have been said a couple of season ago.

I didn't know that games are won with vocal cords. Huh, you'll learn something new every day...

If Fialkov isn't just trying stirr some shit, MacK is just talking out of his rear. He probably got into thinking that his captaincy wasn't a mistake and it should have some continuity. For an instance, Kopitar is probably more of a silent type compared to Doughty but giving the C to Anze was the correct move.

Last edited by a moderator:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
For me that is a real surprise since he ever said he doesnt seem hisself as a Captain so far. A leader on the Ice but not as a Captain.
But yes i think this year was only 2 or 3 choices, that was Barkov, Trocheck and Loungo everyone else never had a real chance.

I´m really seeing forward to the first Interview of our new Captain.
Maybe he will say something, i be surprised i choosed to be the Captain and i have much more to learn to be a Captain. Maybe something like this. :D

Now its real ALL HAIL #16
Or say it in a different Way Welcome Franchise Center Alexander Barkov, the second one after Weiss.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm a bit surprised. Was sure Trocheck will get it. Barkov deserves it and I hope it doesn't give him too much more pressure but I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

It'll be interesting to see how Barkov will handle the situation when our team plays bad. Will he be vocal in the locker room or does he need to be with Luongo in the room.

Reactions: Boothinator

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Tweet isnt loading for me so I guess he deleted it. What did it say?

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 5.51.17 PM.png

Reactions: RealHumanBean

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm a bit surprised. Was sure Trocheck will get it. Barkov deserves it and I hope it doesn't give him too much more pressure but I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

It'll be interesting to see how Barkov will handle the situation when our team plays bad. Will he be vocal in the locker room or does he need to be with Luongo in the room.

Like i posted in the other Thread, he says he is no screamer nore a Player who would go loud in the Locker Room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad