Confirmed with Link: Barkov Named Captain

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
I'm very happy. Barkov has always exemplified the Panthers for me in recent years and I can't wait to see how this plays out. I think there might be a game streaming tonight at a UK-friendly time?

Reactions: klabob

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
To quote myself from draft night 2013, "I'm so happy".

This just further solidifies Barkov's position as Mr. Franchise. He might be an awkward manchild, but he's our awkward manchild. And now he's our captain.
I’m a new to posting on the HF Boards but have been a follower for years, I agree with you and I was at the draft in NJ. The Panthers flew me and my son to NJ for the draft and I was in the Panther’s suite with Yorkmark and the owner. We got to meet Barkov right after he got drafted and took photos with him. Very cool!

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Bravo to the Panthers for passing the torch to the young core. Barkov deserves this, couldn't be happier for him and our team moving forward.

This really says to the young core, "This is your team!". Now let's see them really put it all on the ice for their new captain!

Reactions: Vilam

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Nik Lidström was never considered a vocal guy in the Detroit dressing room, there were others around to do that (Dealer, Maltby...).

Awesome news, congrats Oh-so-Finnish-Barky!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I’m a new to posting on the HF Boards but have been a follower for years, I agree with you and I was at the draft in NJ. The Panthers flew me and my son to NJ for the draft and I was in the Panther’s suite with Yorkmark and the owner. We got to meet Barkov right after he got drafted and took photos with him. Very cool!
Oh no, you know what this calls for people. Bring out the alligator boots pic!

FpAFI1U.png

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
In not so surprising new the guy hasn't even updated his pages.
No mentions on twitter/IG of becoming C.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think driving 65 mph in town is also a character issue, a young kid with too much money leading to reckless behavior.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think driving 65 mph in town is also a character issue, a young kid with too much money leading to reckless behavior.

definitely-banged-love-island-fans-suspicious-as-jessica-shears-and-mike-thalassitis-hold-hands-in-new-photo.gif

Lebron James
Speed Recorded: 101 mph
Speed Limit: 65 mph
Car: '08 Mercedes-Benz

Alexander Ovechkin
Speed Recorded: 165 mph
Speed Limit: Unknown
Car: Mercedes-Benz AMG

Damn character issues I tell you.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
LeBron was speeding on Interstate 71, not downtown Cleveland. The risk of killing someone at such speeds is very real in built-up areas and Barkov either was too stupid to realize that or just didn't care. Neither reflects well on his personality.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Fair enough. I see it more as a stupid young man thing but I can understand your POV too.

We'd need to know if he routinely drives like that or was it a one time 'I'll try how fast this thing accelerates' thing. Neither is good but other is more bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad