Barkov is here to burn down your village

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I don't care if Barkov is underrated or overrated. The fact still remains that he's one of the best centers in the league, he's on a great contract, and he's only 22.

He's also such a treat to watch. He's the type of player the Panthers have needed for their entire existence.

Reactions: I am not exposed

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Having watched Barkov play a lot this season, I believe he has the potential to become a top 10 forward in scoring. He's worth the price of admission. I still remember the reaction at TSN when Florida went "off the board" to select him, and not Drouin or Jones. I might even take him over MacKinnon at this point.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Having watched Barkov play a lot this season, I believe he has the potential to become a top 10 forward in scoring. He's worth the price of admission. I still remember the reaction at TSN when Florida went "off the board" to select him, and not Drouin or Jones. I might even take him over MacKinnon at this point.

Huberdeau- Barkov- Tippett could be money in a few years. 2 elite players makes, 1 elite 2way C and a sniper.

Lovedemfanboys

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, he's the new Toews. Better "Overall" than Crosby! Intangibles! But he's underrated I swear!
I am the smartest man in the room!

So.. You find one post overrating him and somehow you manage to turn this whole thing around?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Do today's Finns burn down villages? I thought the general game plan was to note a village in peril and assign the appropriate social-contract measures in order to bring about meaningful integration into a generally equitable distribution of resources, in line with the national aggregate, thereby assuring peaceful coexistence between those villages making up the Finnish imaginary and maintaining their position atop the world quality-of-life indexes. Have I been mistaken all these ikä?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Florida misses the playoffs this year, and look like they can't make it next year, you think there is any chance they even dare moving Barkov for a boat load in return over the next few years?

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014
Another recent article on Barkov and his work ethic: What drives the Panthers' Aleksander Barkov?
I thought it was quite funny.
Earlier this season, Florida Panthers coach Bob Boughner ditched the murky middle ground of optional morning skates and instead began banning them outright. Heaven help any brave soul that dares defy someone nicknamed The Boogeyman, but these team-wide decrees were really directed at one player in particular. All but armed with a padlock and steel link chain for latching the rink doors shut, Boughner found that only ironclad rules could keep center Aleksander Barkov away from the ice.
"He never wants to stay off," Boughner laments. "So I started saying nobody is allowed, just to keep him off."
As always with Barkov, though, the results are explained through a detailed process. He often keeps his shootout intentions hidden from teammates until busting them out during practices, but spends hours picturing sequences and seeking inspiration from the internet. In Brooklyn, for instance, he worked on looping the puck into the air before swiftly swatting it down through an opposing goalie's five-hole, like a volleyball player setting and spiking all by himself. "Every time I try to look for new moves on YouTube, there's no new moves," Barkov says. "I've seen everything."
:laugh:

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
yea sure... if you asked any Floridian who Barkov was you would hear a lot of "Who?". People in Florida don't care about the Panthers unless they're winning which they rarely do.
Most people in Massachusetts would probably say the same when asked who Chara is.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Do today's Finns burn down villages? I thought the general game plan was to note a village in peril and assign the appropriate social-contract measures in order to bring about meaningful integration into a generally equitable distribution of resources, in line with the national aggregate, thereby assuring peaceful coexistence between those villages making up the Finnish imaginary and maintaining their position atop the world quality-of-life indexes. Have I been mistaken all these ikä?

Good notion. Last time when Finns burnt down any villages was 1939, and then again those same villages in 1944. They had to rebuilt them inbetween, but the point here is that they were their own villages. After hundreds of years of following burning and pillaging by others, Finns concluded that it's better burn them down by themselves. It takes some attitude to lit up your own home You yourself have built for your family.

And no we are not talking about saunas. Hundreds of them burn down every year, and have been burnt since times immemorial. /Off-topic

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Barkov will get his recognition to the more casual fan when the Panthers don't suck. I cry a little bit inside every time I watch him play knowing the Bruins were trying to trade Seguin to Florida with the intention of taking Barkov.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
He's not generational and I'm a Panthers fan.

Only two guys I think of as generational are Crosby and McDavid.

Barkov is pretty incredible though. He's literally put this team on his back and kept us within playoff hopes distance. Not that I think we'll make it though lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad