Barkov is here to burn down your village

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Barkov is the better defensive player of the 2 and I would put my money on him. Superior W's for Scheifele makes it more difficult though.
And Scheifele is a superior offensive player but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I only posted because someone posted something as if it was a fact that Barkov is a better player than Scheifele. I don't agree and he certainly wasn't last night going mostly head to head.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And Scheifele is a superior offensive player but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why is he superior?
Barkov plays with inferior linemates and produces at a high level.

Scheifele never has to play a game with garbage on his wings.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Why is he superior?
Barkov plays with inferior linemates and produces at a high level.

Scheifele never has to play a game with garbage on his wings.

Not going there sorry if my post bothered you. You won't change my opinion. But Scheifele scores at a higher rate than Barkov. That is a fact.

It is not a fact that one player is superior to the other. It's only people's opinions. You have your opinion and I have mine. No need to argue about it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not going there sorry if my post bothered you. You won't change my opinion. But Scheifele scores at a higher rate than Barkov. That is a fact.

It is not a fact that one player is superior to the other. It's only people's opinions. You have your opinion and I have mine. No need to argue about it.

No need but when a guy plays with a winger who gets waived 3x, another who gets bought out and one who retires next year you'd expect someone to outscore him with Wheeler on his line.

I think they are close but I prefer Barks, I think he controlls the game better, but not getting mad if someone prefers Scheifele. Neither teams would ever trade one for the other.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

NHL Player Stats in Last 3 Seasons

Last three seasons Scheifele has 24 more points with 10 more games played while playing with better line mates (yes, yes it does affect his point totals, of course it does)

Calling him SUPERIOR OFFENSIVELY compared to Barkov is....well it's a bit of an overstatement.

But that's all, just my 2 cents. Like BB88 said, both are great.

Reactions: Jorkkila

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
NHL Player Stats in Last 3 Seasons

Last three seasons Scheifele has 24 more points with 10 more games played while playing with better line mates (yes, yes it does affect his point totals, of course it does)

Calling him SUPERIOR OFFENSIVELY compared to Barkov is....well it's a bit of an overstatement.

But that's all, just my 2 cents. Like BB88 said, both are great.

p/gp are higher for career. Anything else is pure fantasy stuff

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Barkov is one of the players who's so "underrated" that he's actually overrated at the moment.

No he isn't really. He's appreciated enough in HFBoards and generally in hockey boards with lots of people who follow hockey religiously. He's fairly unknown to regular fans, tho, or at least they don't really know how good he is. Even in his home country I think people don't really know that he's actually better than Laine or Aho or Mikael Granlund.

And that's really the way it usually is with "underrated players" - other players and hc-fans do know that they're very good, they just don't have the public eye on them as much as some other (maybe inferior) players for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad