Barkov is here to burn down your village

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Barkov brings unique two-way game to Panthers, game film shows

Now that Barkov is still criminally underrated, I decided to share this quite fresh article on him. If you're a hockey fan and want to dig a bit deeper into the player you don't know very well, this might be a good read.

I put this clip here in case you are too lazy to open the article but are interested in his shift by shift play. This is what he does game after game:

He's one of the best 2-way players in the game for sure, yet he only gets properly recognized with his amazing shootout goals.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Barkov brings unique two-way game to Panthers, game film shows

Now that Barkov is still criminally underrated, I decided to share this quite fresh article on him. If you're a hockey fan and want to dig a bit deeper into the player you don't know very well, this might be a good read.

I put this clip here in case you are too lazy to open the article but are interested in his shift by shift play. This is what he does game after game:

He's one of the best 2-way players in the game for sure, yet he only gets properly recognized with his amazing shootout goals.

This video is very sensationalized though. What he's doing isn't rocket science for any good player. I play centre from time to time too and I know to curl back and give defensemen the first pass out

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
This video is very sensationalized though. What he's doing isn't rocket science for any good player. I play centre from time to time too and I know to curl back and give defensemen the first pass out
I could agree to that. The video is just a showing of what he does night after night. If you saw that goal in the video, how he receives the pass with one touch to send him past the Dman you see very rarely. The video is just to back up the statements in the article.

This thread was made for people who think Barkov is just another player to get to know him better as a player. Or just for people who like to read hockey related stuff.

The goal I talked about:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
His hands are unreal. Add in his 2 way game and yea he is a complete center at 22 years old.

Needs to be more selfish though and shoot more often. He definitely has the talent to pot 30+ goals but rather pass the puck.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This is exactly why I say that Barkov is the new Kopitar.

100% of people's opinion of him is "He's great. I love Him. I don't get why he's so underrated"

When EVERYONE'S opinion is that he's underrated, he is not underrated..... and actually is probably borderline overrated.

It was the exact same thing for Kopitar a few years ago

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

100% of people's opinion of him is "He's great. I love Him. I don't get why he's so underrated"

When EVERYONE'S opinion is that he's underrated, he is not underrated..... and actually is probably borderline overrated.

You mean like when Kopitar was a consensus top 3 center 2-3 years ago?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I don't know how he could be overrated.

Nowhere here at HF' for example is he ranked at the very top in polls or threads. He always seems to be in modest, earned spots.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You mean like when Kopitar was a consensus top 3 center 2-3 years ago?

I don't know how he could be overrated.

Nowhere here at HF' for example is he ranked at the very top in polls or threads. He always seems to be in modest, earned spots.

Yes, that's when I mean Kopitar.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I swear every time Barkov gets brought up (and Kopitar was brought up 3 years ago) it's an all out love fest asking why he's not loved more... but in reality, everyone loves them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad