Barkov is here to burn down your village

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Didn't I just post this article yesterday? Man I'm bad at making headlines :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think he is underrated he is just under talked about and there is a difference. He is a quiet unassuming guy who plays off the grid in Florida on a team that doesn't make much noise in the spring and he is a young player on the rise. On top of that most casual watchers of hockey underrate the defensive side of centers and forwards unless they play for their team and they watch them night in night out.

I think if you ran a series of polls with Barkov in them you would find out he is very respected on here. If he played for the Habs, Leafs, Sens, Nucks, Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Calgary you would be sick of hearing about him.

Dude is freaking awesome

Reactions: razor8

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Myt favourite player since he was 14 years old. He actually gets a lot of love these days from his peers and other people who know what they talk about.

He should also get some credit for giving Jagr a couple of extra years in the league.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Barkov is the most underrated player in hockey. He's the new patrice bergeron
This is spot on. Barkov is such a talent. I remember a lot of people questioning the Panthers for leaving Drouin on the board. Won't be hearing from them anytime soon. Barkov will a top C in this league for a long time.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
6 foot 3 Pavel Datsyuk in the making???

Ps. Datsyuk didn't become Datsyuk until he was 26,
so there's plenty of time for Barkov (22) to improve to Datsyuk level
in which he is not at the moment

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Barkov is living the life if you ask me.

Insanely talented player, playing in a low-pressure environment. Gonna make big bucks playing in beautiful sunny Florida.

Sign me up.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
He had this one shift on the PK against the Flames last game where basically stuffed the breakout all by himself and killed off a good 20 seconds

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
he is underrated

better than Scheifele and Stamkos whom people always put above

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Barkov is living the life if you ask me.

Insanely talented player, playing in a low-pressure environment. Gonna make big bucks playing in beautiful sunny Florida.

Sign me up.
Don't you want to win though? Isn't that the point? Or does he want to be Shane Doan?

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
That would be Sean Couturier, who's better than Barkov but gets rated behind him by almost everyone.
Not gonna say he's better than Barkov, they are pretty much at the same level. Coots just exploded offensively while Barkov is slowly climbing to get better.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
That would be Sean Couturier, who's better than Barkov but gets rated behind him by almost everyone.
How is 25 year old Couturier who has never even reached 40 points before this season better than 22 year old Barkov in any way? Barkov, who while being elite defensively and playing more than any other forward, has 106 points in his last 116 games. Is this a joke? If so, i'm not laughing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes, that's when I mean Kopitar.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I swear every time Barkov gets brought up (and Kopitar was brought up 3 years ago) it's an all out love fest asking why he's not loved more... but in reality, everyone loves them

Not that long ago that I can tell.
He was considered the biggest bust/ the most overrated by many.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Barkov is one of the players who's so "underrated" that he's actually overrated at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad