Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Completely agree. Guy seemed to really give it straight.

From what I remember, the team didn't care for that. Felt that he was too "critical" at times. It seems that often in this world, objectivity or looking at things from different angles is subjectively translated into "criticism" and therefore stamped out.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Longtime lurker, lifelong fan.... just had to create an account and reply.

Born and raised in the Lindenhurst/West Babylon area until I moved to Maui a little shy of 18 years ago. Been repping the Isles the entire time, despite the fact that no one here gives a crap about hockey.

Such amazing news! L&M have done the impossible. I can't even articulate how I feel.

LGI!!!

I love your Username

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
As a lawyer, here's what I have to say:

We're going to be hearing about law suits, threatened and actual, in the coming months. They may be accompanied by verbose press announcements, and like the Parkhurst Civic Association announcements, even sound vaguely grounded in law - that does not mean there is any merit to any of them. Anyone can file a lawsuit, with merit or without. Actually prevailing is another matter altogether. Until we see any actual delays (i.e. a preliminary injunction) I would pay no mind.

Thank you for posting this..

Can you please offer your typical legal disclaimer, and then answer this question: What do you make of the civic association attorney's comments about NYS skipping a procedural step??

Reactions: Konk

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Honking horns at the end of a win in the parking lot? Jesus, Elmont residents are gonna torch our nuts.

NIMBY's don't inform themselves outside their little bubble, so they won't know it's coming until it's too late.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
I may be in the minority, but I have great concerns about this new arena:

1. Where does the SUV go? I hopeful they can at least mount it underneath the new scoreboard. If not, I'm sad forever.

2. I can only imagine that the players will be driving to the games when they take up residence in the new arena. How is anyone going to tell Anders Lee to "Give em... give em hell tonight"? Do we tweet him, stalk him at the arena parking lot, does it only work on the train? I'm, frankly, a little nervous about this.

3. What if that guy who broke that seat in Barclay starts breaking the seats in the new building? There will be nowhere to sit.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
It's 2017. Do people still believe stuff like this?

I mean I guess that's a stupid question, but man alive it's difficult to fathom.

I'm for the building, but condescending attitudes towards local residents who are people just like we are and work as hard as we do just pisses me off.

Do you realize how many jobs will be created and how much business is generated from 150+ major events every year?

There is nothing condescending about facts.

Reactions: stranger34

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
From what I remember, the team didn't care for that. Felt that he was too "critical" at times. It seems that often in this world, objectivity or looking at things from different angles is subjectively translated into "criticism" and therefore stamped out.

I guess this means wang was/snow is a communist.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Normally, when you hire a Plaintiffs attorney, you don't pay them anything unless you recover. The fee is usually 1/3rd of the winnings. Here, the residents aren't seeking $$, so the most their attorneys would be paid is their legal fees. No Plaintiffs attorney that is established and worth a damn is going to go up against the state. It's going to be some scrub law firm trying to make a name for themselves.

I don't know how "not following their charter" would be grounds to sue. For all the residents know, ESD did set up a committee.

And any screwball can file a lawsuit. It's up to the judge to deem it frivolous and toss it.
THat was what I was asking this morning about legal fees. Thanks.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yes! Just heard the great news.

This is the best Christmas present for nyi fans.I am so relieved to finally have the team getting a brand new arena,where they are the main tenant.

Great job Malkin and Ledecky.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I would imagine Floral Park Village and its police force will join PCA.
i really don’t think the police department would be against it. It could potentially mean more police hired and overtime. If anything, they should be on board with this project.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Do you realize how many jobs will be created and how much business is generated from 150+ major events every year?

There is nothing condescending about facts.

Calling an entire neighborhood "crappy" is condescending.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
i really don’t think the police department would be against it. It could potentially mean more police hired and overtime. If anything, they should be on board with this project.

Directing traffic is beneath FPPD.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Wow can't believe this is actually going to happen. Finally some good news for Islanders fans after years of misery. Nobody deserves this more then loyal Islanders fans who have put up with years of corruption on Long Island bad ownership and for the most part terrible hockey.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I have and here I am.
I bet you have... you are fooling yourself if you think Elmont is a great area. Anyway the purpose of my original post was that Elmont could use a business that generates money for the local businesses and community.

I am thrilled that we will be getting a new arena, it has been far to long since we have had a place to call home. This is the best thing that has happened to this team in ages, I cannot wait for shovels to be in the ground.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Congrats, Isles fans. Great news.

AxBBkHE.gif

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Congrats NY. I was 9 years old and really getting into hockey when I started by watching some guys named Bossy,Trottier,Potvin,Smith win 4 Cups in a row. The Empire Strikes Back was my fav movie at the time as a kid. Years later, Star Wars is still going and now the Islanders as well.

Reactions: Axel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad