Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Actually it is BMD who will be replaced. I had an (almost) civil twitter convo with him a few months ago before he blocked me. He said he would drop his season tickets if the team left Brooklyn.
Anyone know if he has commented on Twitter? I won't go on Twitter at work as I follow a few people who regularly post things that could be deemed inappropriate to be viewing on a work computer.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers fan here coming in peace. Congratulations on the new arena. What are all your expectations for this arena in terms of commute, amenities, and just cool features and food?

Also because we're all hockey fans; figured you'd appreciate this. The happiest person yesterday was not any Islanders fan but the agents of James Neal, Evander Kane, and James Van Riemsdyk. #UFAClassof18

Reactions: nyisles

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Once new arena is up and running -- just wrecking ball the NVMC and make it into a Super Duper Stop N Shop. The locals will love it.

Nah, knock it down, leave it as concrete with weeds coming through and rename it The Park That Kate Built . . .

Or if you want to use it usefully, just divide the land between Hofstra and Nassau Community and let them expand

Reactions: Bones45

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Boomer's opening on his show was brutal. Negative Nancy:

-Arena won't be built for years;
-Isles should have just gone back to Nassau;
-Isles should play at Nassau for next 3 years;
-Isles should trade JT if they are in "6-8th" position at the deadline. He loves LI/NYI, but arena won't be built for years. He won't want to stay here unless they move back to Nassau

I *******HATE HIM

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stranger34

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Totally agree. It's Nassau County's fault for horrible planning.

It was Wang’s incompetence. I never once thought his cockamamie scams were going to come to fruition.

I’m very confident if Ledecky/Malkin bought the team 10 years ago, and wanted to build at the Coliseum site, they’d have their plans approved within months. I never had any doubts Belmont would be a success, these guys seem to know what they’re doing.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

-Isles should trade JT if they are in "6-8th" position at the deadline. He loves LI/NYI, but arena won't be built for years. He won't want to stay here unless they move back to Nassau

I ******* HATE HIM

What he doesn't realize is that the language in the out-clause has the Isles playing at Barclays next season no matter what. After that, well that's all up to what they are able to negotiate.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

I ******* HATE HIM

Negative Norman (his real name) should have just won that Super Bowl against the 49ers too.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The huge "told ya so" moment of the 8/1/11 referendum is slowly sinking in for Nassau Pols and Nassau Residents

Sinking in? Doubtful. They don't want any positive change/growth anywhere within a 30 minutes drive of their homes.

And when things get worse due to a lack of progress, they will just complain more.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
What he doesn't realize is that the language in the out-clause has the Isles playing at Barclays next season no matter what. After that, well that's all up to what they are able to negotiate.

It's also amazing to me that he thinks that the Islanders "should have just gone back to Nassau." If he meant a return to the Coliseum for anything other than a temporary stint, he's insane. Have seen enough cap floor teams, and no thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad