Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I still think VVD got robed 3 years ago because all LFC players spreaded the votes among themselves.
Barca were 1 win away from treble and another win away from invincibles...the only game they lost in the league was on the last match day.... guess who didn't play because of injury. VVD was never robbed.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, I disagree, but Mancini also says Jorginho is the favourite to win the whole thing.
Is he outdated too?
You guys grew up with the Ballon d'Or going to the best footballer (Messi, Ronaldo). Before that it was given to the player with the best season (which means collective wins obviously). Jorginho fits the bill even though he wasn't the best midfielder for Chelsea, nor for Italy. We'd talk Kante if France had won the Euro (if he was good there because he wasn't).
Messi is obviously the best player and I'd still vote for him because his performance in the Copa was better than any performance this year in any major competition. But Jorginho's name isn't ridiculous.
Some names on the top 30, however, are ridiculous.
Some because of their names (KdB with possibly his worst calendar year of his career), some because of extra football reasons (Kjaer over Marquinhos was was arguably the best CB in the world for the second consecutive year), some because of the team they were on (Ederson over Oblak????), etc...
This 30 name list is absolutely awful.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Reverse the roles tho. Had Jorginho did what messi did what would the narrative be? There’s the messi standard and then the standard set for everyone else. The Italian guys think the Italian should win…. This isn’t breaking news.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Of course and I said as an italian, Capello couldn't say anything else, but you guys said he was outdated. Mancini surely isn't, is he?

And yes I told you, Messi should win it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course and I said as an italian, Capello couldn't say anything else, but you guys said he was outdated. Mancini surely isn't, is he?

And yes I told you, Messi should win it.
Capello is out dated and he isn’t out dated because of what he said about Jorginho (as lol as it was) he was outdated long before that. Much like Mou or Wenger.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Kjær is just a gesture. A bit silly, but I don't mind that much since you got 30 players nominated. Would have been far worse if he was one among five or something.

Only thing we do know is that a future Newcastle player will win it.
According to Kjær himself, this is not the case, as he asked them many times only to consider him for what he does on the pitch.

No need to argue about it tho, he wont get any votes at all :)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
According to Kjær himself, this is not the case, as he asked them many times only to consider him for what he does on the pitch.

No need to argue about it tho, he wont get any votes at all :)

So another gesture ;)

I am willing to bet basically anything and everything that Kjær would not have been there if it wasn't for that incident. One might have considered the Serie A defender of the year and Copa winner more worthy etc. Even if there usually are some fairly random names on that list anyway.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So another gesture ;)

I am willing to bet basically anything and everything that Kjær would not have been there if it wasn't for that incident. One might have considered the Serie A defender of the year and Copa winner more worthy etc. Even if there usually are some fairly random names on that list anyway.
There definitely is some gesture in there, but don’t tell me the same gesture would be given to, say, Strandberg in the same situation.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Pointless award. Messi should win it every year he keeps playing. Best player over the last 15 years season after season. Incomparable passer, dribbler, finisher and the vision.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad