Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Fat Ronaldo is on the stage to speak about Pele. Don't understand Portuguese, but it's nice that tehy start the ceremony with remembering him (if you ignore Infantino at the very start, who I had on mute).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Interestingly, Courtois was selected in the best XI instead of martinez. How much value you can put into that selected side is up in the air, as there was only one CB chosen (van Dijk).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Interestingly, Courtois was selected in the best XI instead of martinez. How much value you can put into that selected side is up in the air, as there was only one CB chosen (van Dijk).
They really snuck in VVD like people wouldnt notice lol

Reactions: luiginb

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Lol awards were a joke. Martinez is a random no name keeper who no one knew existed before he got hot for 1 month. There's a reason he plays for villa, he's not that good. Messi was flop of the season in a farmers league, choked hard in the UCL last season and this season, wasn't even a ballon d'or nominee but he has a great world cup so suddenly he's player of the year over a guy who was la liga, UCL, supercopa, uefa super cup champion, la liga and UCL top scorer and best player and the ballon d'or winner. Messi is great, the best player of the generation but this was a joke. His own team mate had a way better year than him too. Being great for 1 month shouldn't make someone player of the year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They really snuck in VVD like people wouldnt notice lol
Yeah. You could make a case for him if you completely ignored everything that’s happened since August but that was this years honorary CR7 reputation award. Not like there are a ton of great CBs but no idea what Virgil was doing in that team

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol awards were a joke. Martinez is a random no name keeper who no one knew existed before he got hot for 1 month. There's a reason he plays for villa, he's not that good. Messi was flop of the season in a farmers league, choked hard in the UCL last season and this season, wasn't even a ballon d'or nominee but he has a great world cup so suddenly he's player of the year over a guy who was la liga, UCL, supercopa, uefa super cup champion, la liga and UCL top scorer and best player and the ballon d'or winner. Messi is great, the best player of the generation but this was a joke. His own team mate had a way better year than him too. Being great for 1 month shouldn't make someone player of the year.
How’s Xavi as coach?

Yeah. You could make a case for him if you completely ignored everything that’s happened since August but that was this years honorary CR7 reputation award. Not like there are a ton of great CBs but no idea what Virgil was doing in that team
Yeah he wasn’t and hasn’t been good but who cares. I just thought it was funny.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How’s Xavi as coach?

Yeah he wasn’t and hasn’t been good but who cares. I just thought it was funny.
Yeah I don’t take these too seriously. Honestly I saw a picture off him at the even on social media and my reaction was literally “what is he doing there”. Dude looks great in a suit though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This trophy is absolutely rigged, there's no way Messi was better than Haaland or Lewandowski last year but Martinez was never a no-name keeper. He was behind an excellent keeper in Leno and when he got injured, Emi took his chance and went to a club that valued his services (Arsenal made the wrong decision to sell him). He would be the starting goaler for every single team in the EPL except Newcastle United and Liverpool.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This trophy is absolutely rigged, there's no way Messi was better than Haaland or Lewandowski last year but Martinez was never a no-name keeper. He was behind an excellent keeper in Leno and when he got injured, Emi took his chance and went to a club that valued his services (Arsenal made the wrong decision to sell him). He would be the starting goaler for every single team in the EPL except Newcastle United and Liverpool.
I mean Messi isn’t even better than Torres so there’s that.

He would be starting for every team except Liverpool.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean Messi isn’t even better than Torres so there’s that.

He would be starting for every team except Liverpool.
I had like a long post for your first comment, asking if you're referring to Ferran or Fernando to the point that I realised you were trolling me here, so I admit solid job. :laugh:

I don't know if he'd start over Pope, he's truly an amazing goalkeeper and one of the best-kept secrets in England. However, there is a good chance he probably would, the one I am on the fence besides Nick is de Gea because Martinez is very good, but not sure if he beats David in terms of pure shot-blocking skills. I am not sure if he beats Ramsdale or Ederson with distribution either, but he definitely has the talent to start for the majority of teams that's for sure.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ballon d'Or ceremony about to start. Unsurprsingly, Mbappe received the most raucious welcome on the red carpet.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
What on earth is Hazard doing there, presenting some trophy, because being friends with Drogba?

Bellingham wins the first trophy, Kopa.

Musiala sent congrulations to his best football pal Jude trough video, as he coudn't attend because of upcoming Bayern match. Nice childhood picture of the pair together.

I don't know what this Socrates (RIP, great player) award, handed out by Monaco's King Albert, is, but Vinicius wins it. Apparently it is an award for helping poor kids.

Didier Drogba challenged Erling Haaland to choose between typical Drogba or typical Lineker celebration for his next goal, and Haaland accepted the challenge, but we have to wait for his next goal to see which one it is.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It has always been Cr7 agaisnt the football world. Haaland is a Ronaldo fan, so its obvious they did this to destroy for Haaland. Didnt Haaland have like 80+ G/a throughout the season?

Messi won a rigged Wc and scored 5-6 goals in MLS this season. This is not okay and We need to protest actually

You could tell me you’re dead serious and I still wouldn’t believe this post is real

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
You could tell me you’re dead serious and I still wouldn’t believe this post is real
i must admit that i exaggerate my comment. We are lucky to have witness Messi through our life, and its sad that he will retire soon. But the 2023 ballon dor award can be discussed imo.

Im not that hurt i tried to show in my comment lol

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad