Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Truly it’s totally unbecoming of him. Had it been cr7 I wouldve laughed a lot. Since it’s Lewa it’s just disappointing.

Reactions: gary69

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lewandowski has since said that his words were misconstrued by this magazine and that he simply meant he wishes Messi’s words were not empty in the eyes of the committee, and that they’d award him one retroactively. He didn’t say Messi’s words were empty.

And since everyone loves posting things here without providing a translation, I’ll do the same. Actually, the caption has been translated, but not the text on the photo itself.

BC439387-8A65-471A-AA03-E81E685E15BE.jpeg

Reactions: gary69

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yes everybody agreed Lewandowski would have easily won the 2020 ballon d'or. That being said, why the f*** did they cancel the award again? I know covid, but as far as I am concerned they still played football that year.
This is what I don’t vibe with. The leagues were all completed, what exactly is the justification for canceling awarding the balon dor? I understand cancelling the awards ceremony at the time, but I don’t understand how all the competitions were completed, but they felt they couldn’t award a balon dor winner. What else would they have needed?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This is really ignoring the issue.
He went on a free to the direct rival.
He took a helicopter to buy some bread.
This guy isn't exactly a smart ethical guy.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I saw that one of the Brazilian writers didn’t have Messi in the top 5 voting, but I just heard that an Argentine writer didn’t have Lewandowski in the top 5. I don’t know how to look for that. Does anyone know if that’s true?

If so, what’s wrong with these people?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I saw that one of the Brazilian writers didn’t have Messi in the top 5 voting, but I just heard that an Argentine writer didn’t have Lewandowski in the top 5. I don’t know how to look for that. Does anyone know if that’s true?

If so, what’s wrong with these people?
That’s my everyone knows it’s become a bullshit award.

Someone left Lewandowski off because his pace on FIFA is too low. Credibility is gone.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Enrique Wolff, Argentina (ESPN):
1. Messi
2. Benzema
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Suárez
5. Pedri

Cléber Machado, Brazil (TV Globo):
1. De Bruyne
2. Jorginho
3. Mbappé
4. Lukaku
5. Neymar

With voters like these you don't need to wonder why Lewandowski was robbed. One of my many Latin American favorites was Francisco Aguilar Chang of Guatemala (Antorcha Deportiva):
1. Jorginho
2. Messi
3. Chiellini
4. Martínez
5. Barella

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya, I have no problem with Messi winning it, obviously. It’s just that when guys are manipulating their votes that hard too prop up their favourites, the whole thing ends up losing credibility.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ya, I have no problem with Messi winning it, obviously. It’s just that when guys are manipulating their votes that hard too prop up their favourites, the whole thing ends up losing credibility.
It lost credibility awhile ago I don’t take too much stock into it. I just wanted him to win it so I can take the piss out of people and see Lio happy.

the trophy means absolutely nothing. Winning that copa will be remembered for a life time not who won this in 2021.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nothing new.
Arabic countries manage to have 5 Muslim players, African countries have Auba first etc...

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Lewandowski has since said that his words were misconstrued by this magazine and that he simply meant he wishes Messi’s words were not empty in the eyes of the committee, and that they’d award him one retroactively. He didn’t say Messi’s words were empty.

And since everyone loves posting things here without providing a translation, I’ll do the same. Actually, the caption has been translated, but not the text on the photo itself.

View attachment 488834

From the get-go, it was pretty clear to me that is what he meant. He basically said he hoped Messi meant it and it was not just a PR stunt. Somehow, media managed to twist it, and intellectually sub-par Messi fans got their knickers in a twist.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lewandowski just won FIFA player of year award. He was all suited up for the video link interview, while the other finalist Messi was dressed in a casual worn down white T-shirt. Based on that, you knew who would win :)

Tuchel was chosen manager of the year (over Guardiola and Mancini).

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lewandowski just won FIFA player of year award. He was all suited up for the video link interview, while the other finalist Messi was dressed in a casual worn down white T-shirt. Based on that, you knew who would win :)

Tuchel was chosen manager of the year (over Guardiola and Mancini).
Scaloni got robbed.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11:
  • Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/Paris Saint-Germain)
  • Defenders: David Alaba (FC Bayern München/Real Madrid CF), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus FC) and Rúben Dias (Manchester City FC)
  • Midfielders: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City FC), Jorginho (Chelsea FC) and N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea FC)
  • Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus FC/Manchester United FC), Erling Haaland (BV Borussia 09 Dortmund), Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München) and Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain)
Alexia Putellas and Robert Lewandowski crowned The Best

Obviously no top manager would field such an attacking line-up in a real match, so it's a fantasy XI.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11:
  • Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/Paris Saint-Germain)
  • Defenders: David Alaba (FC Bayern München/Real Madrid CF), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus FC) and Rúben Dias (Manchester City FC)
  • Midfielders: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City FC), Jorginho (Chelsea FC) and N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea FC)
  • Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus FC/Manchester United FC), Erling Haaland (BV Borussia 09 Dortmund), Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München) and Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain)
Alexia Putellas and Robert Lewandowski crowned The Best

Obviously no top manager would field such an attacking line-up in a real match, so it's a fantasy XI.

Yeah, no way you can get away with a winger as lazy as CR7 in a 3-3-4...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad