Balding NHL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Bald and skinny is fine if you're the last Airbender.

As to the guy a few pages ago who said drunks have nice hairlines, I'd attribute it more to a lack of stress in their way of life compared to others.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
4 days to go before 2018 Training Camp starts and Laine posted this on his IG:

Looks like he is still rocking a full head of hair after many in this thread (2 years ago) predicted him to be "completely bald by 20".

I wouldn't consider it a "full head of hair". He will be looking like Hulk Hogan in 10 years at the latest.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Would you guys get hair transplants if you had the funds? I would. I read that wayne rooney paid about 30k for his. Every year I'm expecting to see getzlaf with a full head of hair but I guess he's used to the bald look.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Legitimately scares me.

NrWKjNc.png

nylander.jpg

His hairline looks a bit better than his dad's but I think its heading that way eventually. Alex, on the other hand, looks like he'll be joining his dad very shortly.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
If you dont mind me asking, is your mother's father bald? Someone told me theres a direct correlation between the two lol
Nope. Not until later on in years in their 50s or 60s when it thins. On by fathers side though all my uncles are bald and my dad has quite thin hair. My cousin lost all his at 25 and so have a few others on my fathers side.

I'm 27 in about three weeks and still have hair but the hairline has gotten higher and it's thinned a lot. Still no bald-spot or anything. I just keep my hair short anyway. Long hair when you're losing it makes it 10 times more obvious in my opinion. I use #4 on the clippers every few months. I also almost always have stubble/beard too so I'm grateful of that at least.

All in all, it REALLY bothered me from the time I noticed it until the time I cut my hair shorter. About a year in total. I'm not thrilled about it or anything but keeping it in perspective definitely helps. There are people out there with no legs, or arms, or sick and dying so thinning hair really didn't seem all that bad lol

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Would you guys get hair transplants if you had the funds? I would. I read that wayne rooney paid about 30k for his. Every year I'm expecting to see getzlaf with a full head of hair but I guess he's used to the bald look.
No but if there was a pill I could take that would bring it back to how thick it used to be I would probably consider it. To be honest though I'd much rather just shave my head for 30k then pay 30k to get it back.

Reactions: Lilou

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Everyone talking about Kane, but Toews hairline is looking rough too, but thats like his dad.

Others include Krejci, John Carlson, Ehlers and whatever Nick Bonino is trying to pull off.

And Nate Schmidt, obviously karma for the PEDs.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
I don't understand why hairloss is such a huge deal for so many men.
My hair has always been thick, but when i was 18 and went to the military i shaved it all of and kept that look over 10 years.
It's practical. You shave it for yourself and don't have to spend money on barber.

The amount of hair on your head does not make you a man, nor does your physical strenght or the size of your weenie.
There's many ways to be a man, but bitc**n about something so irrelevant as the amount of hair in yours or somebody elses head is not one of them ;)

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Rooney’s transplant is absolute horseshit.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Meh, balding is no big deal. Shave it. I regret not shaving it earlier, thinking I could hide it which was stupid. When I finally did it I was like "Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?" Everyone else probably thought the same.

You'll look better, probably feel better and this may surprise you but...friends, family and strangers won't care.

Why even shave? Looks more presentable, sure but you lose character. Whatever hair you have left frames your face and makes you recognizable and more easily remembered.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
My hair has always been thick, but when i was 18 and went to the military i shaved it all of and kept that look over 10 years.
It's practical. You shave it for yourself and don't have to spend money on barber.

The amount of hair on your head does not make you a man, nor does your physical strenght or the size of your weenie.
There's many ways to be a man, but bitc**n about something so irrelevant as the amount of hair in yours or somebody elses head is not one of them ;)

I'm 22 and balding big time, it bothered me at first which was probably first noticed right around when I turned 21. I had long hair and it really covered it up but I never really lost my hairline, it actually looks better than most still I think. My hair just decided to thin out like crazy on top. I buzzed my hair down recently and theres no holding it back but I figure I would rather not hide it and just let it be known.

At this point I do not care, would I rather have hair? Ya but I'm not going to take anything to grow it back which I easily could have started doing a while back.

I don't think many bald guys care by the time they are actually bald. Sure, if you wanna impress the random people in your life that don't impact it then it might make sense to go for it but the people that are already in your life don't care if you have hair or not.

Also to the Laine insta post, he is 100% going bald. That was an ad, of course he is going to be photoshopped/put in the best position to look his best.

Here is another high res pic, but basically any other insta post with his hair showing gives an idea as to what it looks like.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Newflash -- girls prefer guys with hair.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If you wait till you get to Getzlaf's point to try treatment, its too late. Also hair transplants have like an under 50% success rate.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

A Hair Transplant takes the hair from the side of your head that usually doesn't stop growing and puts it where ever you need it. You can only transplant so much hair. Getzlaf lost all of the hair on the top of his head really quickly. No conventional hair transplant can cover that.

I want to get one a year before my wedding day. I don't need much, just fix my hairline. They start at around 5 K here in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad