Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf the dwarf

Jul 20, 2018
Here
IMG_20180724_230641.png

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Meh, balding is no big deal. Shave it. I regret not shaving it earlier, thinking I could hide it which was stupid. When I finally did it I was like "Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?" Everyone else probably thought the same.

You'll look better, probably feel better and this may surprise you but...friends, family and strangers won't care.
Some can't get away with a shaved head though, If your head has a weird shape, or your ears aren't normal, you can look mighty strange.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Some can't get away with a shaved head though, If your head has a weird shape, or your ears aren't normal, you can look mighty strange.

I have a HUGE head. It honestly is no big deal. If your ears aren't "normal" then I don't think shaving your head is gonna make a difference anyway. Well unless we are talking Sloth's ears from Goonies, but he didn't have much up top to begin with, and he OWNED it.

But again - friends, family...they won't care.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
LMFAO

A thread about balding players. Summertime HF has not left me down.

Phil Kessel or go home. He's my legend, he can do with his awkward hairline whatever he wants. Just put it in the net.

Reactions: Devonator

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Sam Bennett, probably the poster child for young hairloss in the NHL, got a endorsement from Head and Shoulders and Matthew Tkachuk was giving him shit for it on Instagram.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Meh, balding is no big deal. Shave it. I regret not shaving it earlier, thinking I could hide it which was stupid. When I finally did it I was like "Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?" Everyone else probably thought the same.

You'll look better, probably feel better and this may surprise you but...friends, family and strangers won't care.

Total nonsense, balding causes severe depression and even suicides in men

Balding Men Are Victims Of Depression - Bold Ape

And this shave it is total cope BS, 95% of men do become uglier, if I told you you would become uglier tomorrow, how would you feel? The reason you shave it is because you will become slightly less uglier with a shaved head, you're still becoming uglier.

But hey, there is one last unprotected group you're allowed to bash and this thread proves that. You can't make threads about players being kawaii, but you can mock a genetic issue that causes huge issues for large numbers of men. HA HA, so funny!!!!

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
A small comfort to the balding society may be that you are probably , at an average more man than the ones with nice hair. Testosterone gets converted to DHT Which causes baldness in the front lobe. So chances are , if you are balding that is, that you do have more testosterone and therefore also easier to build muscles and stay in killer shape than those primadonnas.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

And this shave it is total cope BS, 95% of men do become uglier, if I told you you would become uglier tomorrow, how would you feel? The reason you shave it is because you will become slightly less uglier with a shaved head, you're still becoming uglier.

But hey, there is one last unprotected group you're allowed to bash and this thread proves that. You can't make threads about players being kawaii, but you can mock a genetic issue that causes huge issues for large numbers of men. HA HA, so funny!!!!

Hey, I'm not saying I wasn't upset I was balding, because I was. I didn't like it. Started in my very early 20s. I rocked a combover for way too long. I'm just saying the decision to just finally shave it and the freedom/relief I felt after I did it was something else.

You are right though - not everyone handles it (or many other things they perceive as negative) well.

And I assume you aren't referring to me as bashing balding players or anyone else because I am one of the baldies myself lol.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Becoming uglier shouldn’t be a big deal, it’s really sad that it gets to people. Hopefully you have other qualities than a great hairline that defines you. I think what hit me the most was the clear sign of aging.
I probably have a year or two left before shaving, sucks but the good thing is that it gives me a reason to push that fat% below 12. I really don’t want to look like that eunuch in game of thrones. I think baldy jokes and stuff like this thread is kind of liberating, more groups should be unprotected in my opinion.

I’m hoping for a large nose thread before the start of the season but would settle for a kawaii one.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
4 days to go before 2018 Training Camp starts and Laine posted this on his IG:

Looks like he is still rocking a full head of hair after many in this thread (2 years ago) predicted him to be "completely bald by 20".

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
To be honest, probably one of the best off-season threads out there. Long live the Costanzas of the NHL.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Balding isn’t that bad unless you make it like holding on to those last few hairs, otherwise witha full beard and faded sides actually looks decent. One of my friends has that he pulls like crazy. I have a full head but if I started losing it one day I’d shave it without hesitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad