Balding NHL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Yep. Yep. Summer thread.

Who's likely getting the Getzlaf treatment soon?

Matthews' hairline looks bad.
ChVIMCqXEAAQRIJ.jpg

Cam Fowler too.
8475764.jpg

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Steven Stamkos , Patrick Kane, and 'only 20 years old' Sam Bennett.

Hell, Bennett looked like he was starting to bald at 18

Reactions: Sk8M8

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I went to my 10 year reunion a few years back (so 27/28 year olds) and probably at least half the guys were bald. I was shocked. Maybe it's the hormones in beef? But there was definitely a higher percentage than I had ever imagined being bald at such young ages.

Anyway, I believe William nylander is going to lose him beautiful locks at a young age. In that recent photo of him being jacked his hair seems to be receding, and his pops was an early baldy too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Matt Stajan. Not sure what happened to the guy but it's hard for me to believe he's only a few years older than me.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Pretty sure that's a myth.

Anyways, Bonino, Shattenkirk and Phil Kessel.
I agree it's a myth, but like myself have noticed, once you start losing your hair it just seems to come out with a brush of the hand. I know it's hormone crap that starts it but I wonder if once it starts, if wearing a hat has anything to do with how quick it falls out? I say this as I'm wearing a hat.. inside haha

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really think Matthews is receding yet, or going up the sides as I call it.

Drew Doughty definitely is. I said 5 years ago at (at least) that Drew Doughty was gonna lose his hair.

There's always a few guys that appear like they're losing it, then a few years later it will seem like they have more hair than they did then.

I always felt like Marty Brodeur's hair was receding quite a bit when he was in his early to mid 30's. Then it seemed like it stopped and eventually started to get thicker in his late 30's and even to this day. He had to have used some kind of hair product or had a procedure done.

On the topic of Devils players, Scott Stevens definitely had a receding hairline late in his playing career and now it's just seemed to stop receding. He hasn't seemed to have lost anymore from what it was like 12 or 13 years ago.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The bros I know who started balding in their 20s, particularly the guys who just said **** it and decided to shave it right down and bic it with shaving cream and a razor regularly seemed to crush it.

No problems with the ladies, to a man they come across confident and self-aware which is always a trait people like. Pretty common for hockey and football players to experience hair loss having worn helmets throughout their lives. Just own it :). Alphas will be alphas.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
as somebody else posted some people have high foreheads like Mathews, my dad was like that, his hairline in his college graduation pic was the same as it was at 40, at 60 - just as he got old it thinned and receded a bit. A small % of men will retain their hairline and thickness throughout life. I once heard there's a general rule, 20% of 20 somethings will be balding to some degree, 30% of 30 somethings, 40% of 40 somethings etc - actually thinking of the 40 somethings I know, I'd say it's like 60%

Laine is seriously balding already, I had 2 twin brother friends in high school with his hair, serious balding in high school and bald by early 20's - had nice skullets, being the 80's. I love Sam Bennett, he's going to be bald young unless he goes the transplant route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad