Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
When he's gotten playing time with someone who possesses actual offensive IQ (be it Gags or Perry), he's looked fine.

He has the same problem as McLeod and Foegele, two other guys that can go 20+ games without a point when left to their own devices playing with Janmark, Ryan, and Brown in the bottom 6. The major difference between them is that Foegele and McLeod have gotten the chance to spend a decent bit of time with Drai on the 2nd line.
They have also shown they can produce, without Draisaitl. Holloways most common linemate is McLeod this year.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Looking at CapFriendly, I'm pretty sure I have this correct.

Going into the final weeks the Oil have $226,408 in cap space left. It costs...
1710802333206.png

... for every day that each of those guys are on the roster). The season ends on the April 18th.

There is no 23 man roster limit, just what you can fit under the cap. But teams only get 4 (regular) recalls after the TDL.

Holloway and Broberg can be recalled and sent down without issue; Plus with Vinny injured, I believe Broberg can count as an emergency recall.

Campbell, you can re-waive without fear of losing. But I imagine Lavoie would be a one-way trip up, as he would risk getting claimed. The same situation as Pickard.

The Oil close out the season with 3 games: the 15th @ SJ, the 17th vs. ARI, and the 18th vs. COL). In theory, they could recall all 4 on the 14th and would be able to fit everyone under the cap.

Last edited:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
They have also shown they can produce, without Draisaitl. Holloways most common linemate is McLeod this year.

Have they? Outside of the recent SHG, more or less all of Foegele and McLeod's offence have come with Draisaitl or McDavid on the ice.

Outside of the random 3 point game by Janmark, McLeod and Foegele have gone ice-cold whenever they've been paired with Holloway, Brown, Janmark, or Ryan.

It's only when Perry or Gags were added into the equation that we saw any production from the bottom 6. Otherwise whenever the Oil have built lines out of the 6 mentioned above, it's basically been a guaranteed zero.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Have they? Outside of the recent SHG, more or less all of Foegele and McLeod's offence have come with Draisaitl or McDavid on the ice.

Outside of the random 3 point game by Janmark, McLeod and Foegele have gone ice-cold whenever they've been paired with Holloway, Brown, Janmark, or Ryan.

It's only when Perry or Gags were added into the equation that we saw any production from the bottom 6. Otherwise whenever the Oil have built lines out of the 6 mentioned above, it's basically been a guaranteed zero.
5v5 Scoring
McLeod 10g/11a
Draisaitl has 1 assist on his goals, McDavid has 1 assist on his goals.
McLeod has assisted on 2 Drai goals, no McDavid.
So 8g/9a without McDrai getting a point

Foegele 13g/11a
Draisaitl has 4 assists, McDavid has 1
1 assist for McDavid Goals, 5 for Draisaitl.
So 8g, 5 assists without McDrai getting a point

So what this has mostly shown me is McLeod is just much better on the wing than center really.
17 5v5 points is good for 237th in the league which puts him in middle of the pack 3rd liner territory and Foegeles points, bottom of the pack. HOWEVER that’s completely eliminating their time with those players.

Holloway is at 3G/1a
1 G assisted by McDavid and that’s it. If Holloway doubled his stats to account for games played discrepancy he is still at 4g-1a away from McDavid and Drai which is tied for 408 for forwards which is outside of 4th liner territory which is Connor Brown level.

Notes, based on this season 5v5 points per line is broken down to
1st Line: 63 to 27
2nd Line: 27 to 21
3rd Line: 21 to 14
4th line: 14 to 7

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
So what this has mostly shown me is McLeod is just much better on the wing than center really.
17 5v5 points is good for 237th in the league which puts him in middle of the pack 3rd liner territory and Foegeles points, bottom of the pack. HOWEVER that’s completely eliminating their time with those players.

I was thinking of this of late as much as it would be nice for McLeod to fill the 3C position he's not overly effective in that role. Much more valuable as a make shift LWer with Draisaitl who's Pissyness seams to be rubbing off on with McLeod thoughing two reverse hits against the Avs.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Looking at CapFriendly, I'm pretty sure I have this correct.

Going into the final weeks the Oil have $226,408 in cap space left. It costs...
View attachment 837963
... for every day that each of those guys are on the roster). The season ends on the April 18th.

There is no 23 man roster limit, just what you can fit under the cap. But teams only get 4 (regular) recalls after the TDL.

Holloway and Broberg can be recalled and sent down without issue; Plus with Vinny injured, I believe Broberg can count as an emergency recall.

Campbell, you can re-waive without fear of losing. But I imagine Lavoie would be a one-way trip up, as he would risk getting claimed. The same situation as Pickard.

The Oil close out the season with 3 games: the 15th @ SJ, the 17th vs. ARI, and the 18th vs. COL). In theory, they could recall all 4 on the 14th and would be able to fit everyone under the cap.
Players getting claimed at this point seems rare as they would not be able to play for the rest of the season in the NHL so a team would be wasting a roster spot on someone that isn't eligible to play games.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Has anyone watched the Condors this year? Are Borgault, Savoie, Petrov, Tullio etc as bad as their stats indicate?
The few times I've seen them, they actually looked pretty good. Through I haven't watched a whole game yet. I guess they're often not getting enough opportunity/ice-time.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I take a bit of an issue with those saying that Holloway has never showed that he can score goals at any level so, therefore, he has no potential as a goal scorer at the NHL level. 11 goals in 23 games at his last year at Wisconsin and 12 goals in his last 22 in Bakersfield. He hasn't shown it at the NHL level yet but he's also played in a bottom 6 where nobody scores much. Give him some decent linemates for an extended period of time and see where it goes.

Point being? Plug him on the Henrique line with RNH where, stylistically, he'd be a good fit alongside those two. Team needs speed, this guy is their best forward prospect and the forward group is spinning its wheels currently, so why not? Same with Lavoie, they've never given him anything more than a few token minutes on a 4th line that never plays much. It's no wonder why the Oilers fail so bad at development.

Also, Wanner is an interesting prospect. He's always stood out at the rookie tournaments, looked not out of place in preseason, and is putting up some solid numbers now. I think they might have something in him. I hope they don't "Kesselring" him out of town.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I take a bit of an issue with those saying that Holloway has never showed that he can score goals at any level so, therefore, he has no potential as a goal scorer at the NHL level. 11 goals in 23 games at his last year at Wisconsin and 12 goals in his last 22 in Bakersfield. He hasn't shown it at the NHL level yet but he's also played in a bottom 6 where nobody scores much. Give him some decent linemates for an extended period of time and see where it goes.

Point being? Plug him on the Henrique line with RNH where, stylistically, he'd be a good fit alongside those two. Team needs speed, this guy is their best forward prospect and the forward group is spinning its wheels currently, so why not? Same with Lavoie, they've never given him anything more than a few token minutes on a 4th line that never plays much. It's no wonder why the Oilers fail so bad at development.

Also, Wanner is an interesting prospect. He's always stood out at the rookie tournaments, looked not out of place in preseason, and is putting up some solid numbers now. I think they might have something in him. I hope they don't "Kesselring" him out of town.
I like the idea of Holloway with Henrique and RNH.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Good points. I really like Holloway as a prospect. I also agree that Wanner has looked like a good pick every step of the way. I think that he could surprise and maybe push for a roster spot in the next calendar year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nice to see Lavoie also show he can score with a power move to the net, and not just snipes from distance. Would love to see him later in the year and have Connor feed him a few one timers.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Since we only have one legit top six RW in the bigs, it would be great if we had a RW prospect who has matured in the AHL and has a real NHL quality shot. It would also be a bonus if he had NHL size. The last one we had was so small.

If only...

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Since we only have one legit top six RW in the bigs, it would be great if we had a RW prospect who has matured in the AHL and has a real NHL quality shot. It would also be a bonus if he had NHL size. The last one we had was so small.

If only...
Kenny likes his vets......what can I say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad