Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Bouchard with a nifty pass to enter the zone (stuff McDrai and Nuge only could do) and then makes a great pass intercept in the NZ and is fine the defensive zone until he makes a soft bad pass in front of the net that is intercepted that leads to a goal against moments later. Frustrating player for sure.

EDIT: Manning lost that fight. Good for him to fight though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ouch down 4-0 with like 5 minutes left in the 1st. Starrett on after Skinner got lit up. Imama (the guy that Manning said something inappropriate to and was then suspended and Manning had a tilt).

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Man they are getting absolutely wrecked

No Yamamoto, no Benson, no Jones, no Lagesson and no Marody (although he hasn't been that good this season anyway).

They are in tough this season, hopefully guys like Bouchard, Samorukov, McLeod, Skinner and Maksimov have good growth in their games the rest of the way.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Wouldn't go that far. Skinner was player of the week last week.

They lost some serious talent on defence. I guess that's how it goes.
Agreed. Skinner has some consistency issues but he’s taken a huge step forward this year and is a legit goalie prospect. He’s got all the tools to be a very good NHL goalie. His stats aren’t the greatest due to some terrible outings like tonight.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Agreed. Skinner has some consistency issues but he’s taken a huge step forward this year and is a legit goalie prospect. He’s got all the tools to be a very good NHL goalie. His stats aren’t the greatest due to some terrible outings like tonight.

I wish I was more confident on Skinner. After seeing Yamamoto and Bear this year. I am going to remain patient though. Hopefully he just continuously improves.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Hebig-Manning-Persson were all LOL on that second Gulls goal against. Condors are so offensively inept. And without Jones-Lagesson-Bear... pretty poor defensively (almost all D are offensive puck mover types except Lowe and Manning).

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
4-0 Gulls. I turned off the game last time when it was 4-0 Reign and it's time to tune out I think. Can't blame Skinner for most of the goals against.

Manning and the forwards are so bad defensively. Turnover after turnover... bad decisions with the puck or losing board battles. Not sure why Granlund and Cave aren't playing either

EDIT: Nice PP goal from Benson. The trio of Bouchard, Benson, McLeod have been okay tonight. Most of the team is playing like ass.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Condors D is atrocious. All of them. For those who want to call Bouchard up... look at the 2nd goal against tonight. Oilers would play 7-5 games nightly with him in the lineup.

Manning and the rest of the D. Ugh. Oilers basically stripped all of the talent (Bear, Jones, Lagesson, Cave, Benson) and the rest is injured.

Granlund/Currie/Gambs/McLeod will have to do it all by themselves.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Condors D is atrocious. All of them. For those who want to call Bouchard up... look at the 2nd goal against tonight. Oilers would play 7-5 games nightly with him in the lineup.

Manning and the rest of the D. Ugh. Oilers basically stripped all of the talent (Bear, Jones, Lagesson, Cave, Benson) and the rest is injured.

Meh, can teach defense. Almost impossible to teach offensive instinct and skill. Let him run wild offensively for the 1st year, then hone in on the defensive side in the future

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Interesting, from what I've heard and seen, Bouchard is playing massive minutes and looking damn good doing it. Few defensive errors coupled with horrific goaltending isn't too big of a deal. Pairing him with a defensive defenceman like Russell would be a big help to him at the NHL level.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

When the forwards suck the puck gets stuck in your own end and the D get tired and have breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad